• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dog Crate: 2nd level query

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
Do I

A) go for a full 2nd level that takes up the while size of the crate ?
B) go for a half 2nd level, like a balcony?
C) go for more of a ledge type thing at one end that I) they can go under and II) they can go on that would have a bunny sized hole to get in to, like a bolt hole / sleeping area?

Opinions please :)

P.s sorry for typos I'm in my phone!

*stalks* because I'm wondering this too if/when I get my dog crate.
I was thinking of a shelf half way-3/4s of the way across the top, and with a hole and ramp up to it.

I went for option B myself and it works great for my one bun. Would your two be able to fit upstairs comfortably?

I had a shelf about a 3rd of the size of the crate - it was for Dumpling mainly but then the others all insisted on using it too so all three used to be squashed on there! :roll:
I had carpet tile on it and vinyl tiles on the bottom level :)

Well I'd go for A cos that's what I have. :lol: Mine love stretching out up there at night so we went with the biggest amount of space we could fit in.

We did start with a ramp inside and a hole but eventually filled in the hole and put the ramp on the outside so that the ramp didn't take up space at the bottom. The only thing with this is that Mini's a jumper so I had to block off access to that end of the crate but as I use the top for supplies anyway that wasn't hard.

B and C could be the same thing really, just put it low enough so they can easily jump on and off. I hate ramps, they take up room on the top and bottom level

Back