• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can anyone help me please?

Mazda

Warren Veteran
We are really struggleing to give bailey his antibiotic jabs. Mum can jab humans no problem. Rabbits...she says it feels different and she isn't comfortable doing it. We have been given 5jabs. One every other day. He had one thursday. Tonight...I couldn't hold him still and mum couldn't grab skin on his neck as he is so skinny, she finally got the needle in and he moved and she only managed to get half of it in.

Its a LONG shot I know, but is anybody really local and could show me how to do it?
(If not do u think the vets would show me if I gave em a ring?) Also...bailey has a bit of a runny nose, I'm hopeing its related to the meds/op (he is a little metacam junkie!! He had a dental tuesday) But if it gets worse ill ring the vets.

Xxx

If we lived near Mike would pop round and gladly give Bailey his jabs but sadly we don't so hopefully someone will see this that can help you locally, hope so :wave:

Aww honey, I wish I was down, I would def come and give you a hand. Does he need it tonight or have you managed to do it??

Try using a towel, be brave and hold him tight.....or, if you REALLY cant, then you may have to call the vet :-/

I wish you hadnt left it so late, I dont want to be driving around this late..... I would have come down for you.

Just try and be brave.....! x

The key is just to chill out. Dont get stressed, it just all goes wrong. Literally grab hold of him, wrap him in a towel & shove the needle in.....feels like it wont work, but trust me it does. Good luck xx

Aww honey, I wish I was down, I would def come and give you a hand. Does he need it tonight or have you managed to do it??

Try using a towel, be brave and hold him tight.....or, if you REALLY cant, then you may have to call the vet :-/

I wish you hadnt left it so late, I dont want to be driving around this late..... I would have come down for you.

Just try and be brave.....! x

We managed to get half of the dose in last night, which is better than none. He needs his next one monday.

Thanks everyone! :love:
Xx

when we did sub-q fluids on mae we had a bit of a struggle.
Wrap him up but leave his head and neck exposed, pop his head sort of between the side of your body and the crook of your elbow, hold on tight but dont squeeze. He will wriggle but do it in two parts if needs be :wave:

oow I really feel for you. I would have to ask my friend who was a vet nurse to help me but Hull is a long long way away. I'm sure if you new of anyone you would ask them useless information I know but I hope you get help:love:

P1000536-1.jpg

I found with Daisy if I gave her a lot of fuss and covered her eyes she stayed still long enough for me to do it :?

Back