• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my mum wont let me

rabbitdan

Mama Doe
My mum wont let me have a rabbit

she said the last rabbit we had got maggots and she didnt have poo on her bum. does this happen alot. is there anyway i can prevent this?

That is called flystrike. Rabbits who are overweight or ill are prone to it but fit healthy rabbits arent and there are measures that can be taken to prevent it such as applying rearguard, regular cleaning out, fly replants etc

That is called flystrike. Rabbits who are overweight or ill are prone to it but fit healthy rabbits arent and there are measures that can be taken to prevent it such as applying rearguard, regular cleaning out, fly replants etc

she was a rescue bun and she was overweight so this was probebly why.

My mum wont let me have a rabbit

she said the last rabbit we had got maggots and she didnt have poo on her bum. does this happen alot. is there anyway i can prevent this?

It's mostly a problem in the summer months but there are things/sprays you can do, and use, to prevent or help :thumb:

Maybe your mum has other reasons too?
TBH I thought you had a bunny already :oops:

It's mostly a problem in the summer months but there are things/sprays you can do, and use, to prevent or help :thumb:

Maybe your mum has other reasons too?
TBH I thought you had a bunny already :oops:

no i said when i wrote my intro that i currently dont have any rabbits, but i am planning on getting some

You can buy rearguard (beapher range) for £9.99 it lasts for 3 months and is highly effective. You can also keep your rabbits indoors with a fly repellent or look up certain things that repel fly's like lavender plants.

Good luck on getting another bunny hun.

My beloved Daisy May was PTS in July, just before my birthday :( she was crawling with maggots. She was overweight which i now understand probebly caused it. I feel i have now grieved and im ready to welcome a rabbit into my life. My rabbits brang so much happyness to my life. I have also now got a job so i can now pay for everything myself.

I just hope my mum says ok when i ask her in a minuite.

yes!!!!

we have come to an agreement!

We both feel this will be better for the rabbits, the agreement is that in the spring i can have 2 when its warmer and they will have time to prepare for the winter. I will also have saved up more money from Christmas and my job, so i can get 2 and get them neutred. We will be rehoming them from Southampton Rabbit Rescue!

I will stay on the forum, but i may not be posting or replying until spring!

BTW when does spring start????!!!

yes!!!!

we have come to an agreement!

We both feel this will be better for the rabbits, the agreement is that in the spring i can have 2 when its warmer and they will have time to prepare for the winter. I will also have saved up more money from Christmas and my job, so i can get 2 and get them neutred. We will be rehoming them from Southampton Rabbit Rescue!

I will stay on the forum, but i may not be posting or replying until spring!

BTW when does spring start????!!!

YAY! Well done :thumb:
I think spring starts in April, I'm not 100% sure though :lol:

It will also give my more money for a bigger, better hutch and run combo! and lots more time to research different companies or maybe make my own hutch!

ive just found out that spring starts March 20th

It will also give my more money for a bigger, better hutch and run combo! and lots more time to research different companies or maybe make my own hutch!

Yes, could you not get a playhouse or shed and attach a run onto it? You will get more for your money this way?

Back