• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor Run

Ours was two high and Mini managed to get out one day so we added a lid. The problem is, some rabbits can climb up them. So you may be ok with 2 or 3 high or you may find you need a lid.

Thanks :) I was considering the lid but wasn't sure if it was needed. Knowing Milo he will find a way out so best be safe and put a lid on.

So with a lid 2 panels high would be ok?

Thanks :) I was considering the lid but wasn't sure if it was needed. Knowing Milo he will find a way out so best be safe and put a lid on.

So with a lid 2 panels high would be ok?

2 panels high is about three foot so should be fine. I'm just wondering, have you considered any pen panels at all? You might find them a little sturdier?

The 8 panels Trixie ones come with a fabric lid but you have to have the panels in an octagonal shape. . I have used them without a lid in the past indoors for bonding and have not had any escapees. They have less horizontal bars so I think they're harder to climb up although Nutmeg tried once! Another thing you can do is to peg a sheet over the top.

The 8 panels Trixie ones come with a fabric lid but you have to have the panels in an octagonal shape. . I have used them without a lid in the past indoors for bonding and have not had any escapees. They have less horizontal bars so I think they're harder to climb up although Nutmeg tried once! Another thing you can do is to peg a sheet over the top.

I can't use the octagonal shape though. I need to be able to shape the panels around Milo's cage. I thought that I would have one panel coming out form the side of his cage, 3 across, 2 down the other side and another 2 leading back to the cage (these 2 would be to protect the skirting boards and wall). It wouldn't be a huge run but he would only be confined to it when we are out and in bed. The rest of the time he would have the run of the living room/kitchen.

The puppy pen would be best :) I have the 8 sided one, it's great! Instead of a lid, consider a "wall breaker" as such. So you only put "a lid" on top of the wall instead of the hole thing?

I can't use the octagonal shape though. I need to be able to shape the panels around Milo's cage. I thought that I would have one panel coming out form the side of his cage, 3 across, 2 down the other side and another 2 leading back to the cage (these 2 would be to protect the skirting boards and wall). It wouldn't be a huge run but he would only be confined to it when we are out and in bed. The rest of the time he would have the run of the living room/kitchen.

Ah in that case I'd go with panels cos they give you more flexibility as they're smaller. Off the top of my head I think they're about 14 inches square.

Back