• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Very annoying email from so called "Rescue"!

Fluffers

Wise Old Thumper
Had a woman (local to me) contact me asking about ways to fund raise, register as a charity etc etc. Gave her some info. Cut a long story short, turns out she's a breeder & was looking for ways to get discounts at vets etc :censored::evil:

Having now seen some of her advertisements on Preloved for "baby rabbits and guinea pigs, ideal for breeding" I emailed her back & said how disappointed & upset I was. I also explained about the 35,000 rabbits per year in rescues etc and said that back yard breeders masquerading as rescues were what we're fighting against on a daily basis (she confirmed her inexperience & lack of knowledge regarding rabbit care by several things she said). She then replied & said that she understood my point but that she had massive financial problems and breeding from the rabbits and selling them was the only way to pay the vets bills for the sick ones :shock::roll:

Give me strength :roll:

I have replied again and pointed out that by breeding and adding to the number of animals in circulation she was effectively generating her own problem and creating her own vicious circle. Selling them at £5 each, un-neutered & un-vaccinated & with no information regarding diet or housing AND suggesting that people could breed from them. Great, just what need and only 6 miles away. It's no wonder re-homing in that area has gone quiet.

Urgh, what an awful woman. Does she seriously seem to think the vet will believe she's a rescue when she repeatedly takes rabbits with pregnancy complications and the like in? :roll::evil:

There's a 'Rabbit Rescue' over here - from what I've learnt so far, she charges to take rabbits in, charges a rehoming fee, yet they recieve no veterinary care (unless it's an emergency, I would hope :shock:) whilst they're in her care and she has also been known to breed. It's a fimiliar story I suppose. :(

you just beat me to posting this Jen
Strangely when she rang me and asked about going "official"..she said she wouldn't have any problems putting at least £500 to one side for emergency bills..now she has financial probs..24 hours later:roll:
Makes me mad..as I wasted 45 mins on the phone giving her advice only to do a bit of research and find her ads on preloved:censored:
and by the way she breeds rabbits and guinea pigs:evil:

Last edited:
Cases like this really annoy me. Not only is she potentially taking money away from real rescues, but giving rescues a bad name too. :evil:

Breeding irresponsibly is bad enough, but to try to get money/discounts intended for REAL rescues takes the biscuit!

I do not think that she is uncommon as I have noticed so called rescues who are rehoming rabbits they have bred, 'accidently'. It would not surprise me if this site was not attractive to such people who want others to pay for rabbits they have bred and find homes for surplus stock.

I do not think that she is uncommon as I have noticed so called rescues who are rehoming rabbits they have bred, 'accidently'. It would not surprise me if this site was not attractive to such people who want others to pay for rabbits they have bred and find homes for surplus stock.

Yes, I think you're probably right! :(

That's why people should always look for a rescue who neuters, vaccinates and home checks...there's no money to be made by doing all this...in fact most rescues who do all this are probably operating at a loss

She replied again & said this:

ANY ANIMAL THAT LEAVES ME,THE OWNERS ARE TOLD ANYTIME THEY NO LONGER ARE ABLE TO CARE FOR IT,IT COMES BACK TO MY CARE,WHICH I THINK IS A GOOD THING.AND WHY SHOULDNT PEOPLE BE ALLOWED TO GET THEMSELVES A BABY GUINEA OR RABBIT FROM SOMEONE WHO IS ABLE TO GIVE THEM ADVICE AND TIME FOR THAT ANIMAL.YES IT IS UPSETTING BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY I LOVE ALL MY ANIMALS AND THAT IS MY LIFE,AND LOTS OF OTHER PEOPLE DO IT TOO AND NOT TO MY STANDARDS OF WELFARE-SO PLEASE DONT CRITISISE

:roll::roll::roll::roll:

I have replied with a suitably long & detailed explanation. In summary I said that I was very sorry that she feels unable to take advice from an experienced, knowledgable and trusted RESCUE and that as a BREEDER she is compounding a problem which is already resulting in thousands of animals being pts every year. I have asked her to not reply again as she has already wasted far too much of our time.

:censored::evil::censored::evil::censored::evil:

I am so annoyed at this woman, my heart is pounding.
I could go on and on about this, but i know you all feel the same about the situation, it would be best if she would just vanish from the face of the earth:evil::censored:

Good for you Jenny. You can only hope that you have made her stop and think. Dont dwell on it as there isnt any more you can do and it will only use up more of your time and energy. You have done a good thing fighting for those bunnies and guinea pigs. :D

Idiots. There will always be more of them. :roll:

Good for you Jenny. You can only hope that you have made her stop and think. Dont dwell on it as there isnt any more you can do and it will only use up more of your time and energy. You have done a good thing fighting for those bunnies and guinea pigs. :D

Idiots. There will always be more of them. :roll:

Sadly you are absolutely right :(:cry:

How mad this makes me , cant believe people are so stupid. You just wanna throttle em .

We went out for a meal with some friends last night which happened to be about a mile from where this muppet lives. Got home & read her reply & of course had to reply there & then which then meant I lay awake until the early hours of the morning with steam coming out of my ears :censored::evil:

We went out for a meal with some friends last night which happened to be about a mile from where this muppet lives. Got home & read her reply & of course had to reply there & then which then meant I lay awake until the early hours of the morning with steam coming out of my ears :censored::evil:

i'm a window cleaner and i am in an out of peoples garden and see so many rabbits i now take a big pocketful of pellets with me a couple of carrots and will be puttting hay in a bag soon lol . think i may start producing leaflets and shoving them through their letterboxes.

I do see some very loved rabbits as well .

i'm a window cleaner and i am in an out of peoples garden and see so many rabbits i now take a big pocketful of pellets with me a couple of carrots and will be puttting hay in a bag soon lol . think i may start producing leaflets and shoving them through their letterboxes.

I do see some very loved rabbits as well .

I have some you can use!! Send me a pm with your email address and I'll gladly share :D:D

I think this quite clearly summarises why legislation is now required for this species, the fact that there isn't means that animals are suffering. It's appaulling.

Back