• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Elderly Rabbits in Rescue..........

I'm always going to go for older buns now. I adopted my girl when she was 7.5 and now she's 9 and still going strong. When she goes I'm definitely going to go for a pair of oldies to keep my boy company as they deserve a chance too plus, (I know it's a bit rubbish to look at it this way) you get to brighten up more bunnies lives if you go for the older ones as they don't have as much time left as a baby.

So sad - I have loved keeping rabbits no matter what their age but have a soft spot for the more mature bunny. Its a shame the older ones get overlooked as they still have a lot to give.

it's so sad that people don't want older animals:cry: - it breaks my heart to think of so many of them who won't ever know a forever home of their own again. Old dogs too :cry:
and they have so much to give

shallow human race :?
we're all going to get old sometime

It is so heartbreaking seeing these olders buns without a home. I adopted my Frasey when he was thought to be about 4/5 years old and hes lovely.

Cloud's my 'newest' bunny but she's also my oldest. I adopted her earlier this year and she turns eight at the beginning of 2011. :) I was shown a few younger buns whilst I was looking but I chose Cloud because I thought she'd fit in with Barley better than a young rabbit. A lot of people look for older buns when one half of a pair dies of old age etc.

I agree that it's really sad thinking of them being in rescue in the first place though - it makes you wonder what sort of life they've had. :(

Older buns are lovely! :love::love::love: We adopted Kenco (aged 6) for Fay because he was more placid and genteel. :love::love:

Wish we had a bigger garden and I didnt have to go to work and could stay at home and be a full-time bunny mummy.... all our lottery numbers tonight were just one or two numbers out.... next time :)

Back