• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Spenser - posh hay problem! IT'S HERE!

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
It seems our area no longer has a regular van delivery, so when I order posh hay for Spenser the postman is expect to carry the box in his bag or trolley. We have a new postman, who has promised to look for my box at the end of his shift today. Poor Spenser only has readigrass left and meadow hay from the supermarket. If it doesn't appear I will go down to the local depot to enquire myself on Monday!

Last edited:
gah, some postmen :roll: we must have gotten a new postman, the old one was fine but the new one doesn't put the letters all the way through :evil::evil: sounds petty but to me leaving letters or leaflets hanging out of the letterbox is like advertising that there is no one home.

Poor Spenser, is he looking all sad at you and making you feel guilty?

He's not too bothered, but I'm sure he eats his hay better when he has variety. I don't have a pet shop handy - involves a lift from parents or a train journey, plus they don't have much choice. Spenser doesn't like any of the excel hays, and that's what they tend to stock. He doesn't like P@H hay either.

That is ridiculous that your P.O no longer operates a van delivery, how on earth is a postie expected to carry larger boxes of goods on their rounds, or maybe they are just going to card everyone and you'll have to go to the sorting office to collect yourself. Which box hasn't arrived ?

Poor Spenser :( Are the apple sticks meeting with his approval?

The leaves went down very well. Not sure what the fragrant things were - they got gobbled anyway. It took him a while to realise the stick was for chewing! He's had quite a disturbed day, poor boy, with me cleaning his hutch and yet another alteration to his inner sanctum - photo will be added later, and of twig chewing. I tried to photograph leaf-nomming, but wasn't quick enough. :lol:

That is ridiculous that your P.O no longer operates a van delivery, how on earth is a postie expected to carry larger boxes of goods on their rounds, or maybe they are just going to card everyone and you'll have to go to the sorting office to collect yourself. Which box hasn't arrived ?

That's what I thought! All our posties have had their rounds changed, and I think the whole local organisation is in disarray. Hope they sort themselves out by Christmas. I don't know who to complain to, because it's certainly not the posties fault. Both he and his predecessor are very obliging and put themselves out for their customers.

The leaves went down very well. Not sure what the fragrant things were - they got gobbled anyway. It took him a while to realise the stick was for chewing! He's had quite a disturbed day, poor boy, with me cleaning his hutch and yet another alteration to his inner sanctum - photo will be added later, and of twig chewing. I tried to photograph leaf-nomming, but wasn't quick enough. :lol:

Oh bless him, I'm so pleased he enjoyed the goodies. The fragrant things were lavendar springs! Bouncer has 1-2 every day and luuurrves them :love:

Oh bless him, I'm so pleased he enjoyed the goodies. The fragrant things were lavendar springs! Bouncer has 1-2 every day and luuurrves them :love:

I thought that was the fragrance, but didn't know rabbits could eat them - Spenser certainly had no doubts. We used to have a lavendar bush, but it wass one of the many victims of a recent purge of the garden after my tripping accident in the summer. I might get them a new one for their Christmas. :lol:

I thought that was the fragrance, but didn't know rabbits could eat them - Spenser certainly had no doubts. We used to have a lavendar bush, but it wass one of the many victims of a recent purge of the garden after my tripping accident in the summer. I might get them a new one for their Christmas. :lol:

They're great because they're really easy to dry and smell nice too :D

It's here - on a Sunday! Came home from church to find a card through the door and the box (postmark 12th Nov!) in our porch cupboard. My word with the postie must have been very effective. :D

Wow a Sunday delivery!! Yey for Spenser. Now just what did you say to your postie? ;):lol:

I told him that I knew it wasn't his fault, and that I really appreciated the way he and his predecessor on our run put themselves out to provide a decent service in the increasingly difficult conditions imposed upon them from above. :wave:

Back