• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is the point in having a rabbit?!

lydz

Alpha Buck
I'm a new bunny owner and already have been asked this by quite a few people. I'll tell you the point: When i open my kitchen door and Grace hops in to see me, when she follows me around as I clean her home and replace her hay and when she nudges me with her nose for a head stroke my heart melts :love: that is the point of having a bunny! I already can't imagine my life without her little face :D

I'm a new bunny owner and already have been asked this by quite a few people. I'll tell you the point: When i open my kitchen door and Grace hops in to see me, when she follows me around as I clean her home and replace her hay and when she nudges me with her nose for a head stroke my heart melts :love: that is the point of having a bunny! I already can't imagine my life without her little face :D

Awwww thats lovely :D

Spenser has totally transformed my life - although to give credit where credit's due, the real transformation began when my friend's bought a rabbit for their kids in August 2009. I'd never had a pet nor wanted one, so here I am pushing 40 with my first four-pawed companion. :love:

In my case it's my life, they are good company give me more happiness than most humans do and I'd be at a great loss without them plus they are enchanting wonderful little furries :love::love:

I wish I could make other people understand!! :roll:

I know what you mean, but it's their loss! One of my long-term friends has turned very cool on me in recent months, and I suspect that Spenser's advent has something to do with this. I think even now a lot of rabbits are not treated properly as far as space and exercide and concerned, which will obviously limit their potential as rewarding pets.

Very true. I used to get very stressed and wound up with life but since we had Molly and then Joker and now keeping the stray Mabel we found and also keeping one of her babies.Life has become stress free i love them so much .Their innocence and love i get in return.Rabbits are by far the best pets.I also feel happy i am giving them a fantastic loving life which sadly because of the cruel human race some do not get.It is great when you read posts like these to know there are many like minded people.:love::love:

I wish I could make other people understand!! :roll:

I think people tend not to see the point because you need to spend time with them to learn their little quirks and personalities and that takes patience and time and you only get that when you own and cherish a bun/s. Most people still think of them as a childs pet, stuck in a hutch at the bottom of the garden :cry:

What a lovely post it brought tears to my eyes!

My Stan died last week and i feel absolutely lost without him, even when he chewed all the wires and all my favourite shoes and everything else he could get his hands on, i would go through it all again if i could have him back! He would lick me 24/7 if he could and he was my baby and he made his mum very happy! I miss him dearly :(

I just cant be without a bun they are such lovely animals! :D

Totally know what you mean hun! I would like to move away from here but ive told friends i wouldnt do that until my rabbits have moved to rainbow bridge and there reply is are you joking they are only rabbits?!
I adore my rabbits like i love my own family! I dont think people understand rabbits can be affectionate, playful and can love you just as much as you love them. My rabbits amuse me and surprise me everyday :love:

I sort of think what's the point in having lots of love and compassion if you don't use it to make a difference to someone or something in this world. I give all I can to make my bunnies have a happy healthy life and in return I feel happy and the love and compassion grows - what they give me back money can't buy. Your the lucky one - don't try to explain something when you know they don't understand, just pity them :love:

I always thought I was more of a cat person but now I'm completely besotted with bunnies. My boys are turning 8 years old this year and people can't get over how friendly they are. Everyone is always surprised by their personalities and that they can be litter box trained, etc. I think people just don't know how wonderful bunnies are until they have their own. Of course, if they stick them in a hutch in the back garden they aren't going to learn much. Its their loss!

What is the point in having a rabbit? What is the point in having the purest, most unconditional love I have ever known? What is the point in having a best friend? A soul mate? A constant, loving, affectionate, playful, wonderful companion? What is the point in being so happy it makes me want to cry? To figure out some way to repay everything they have given? What is the point in having a confident, a solid rock to cling to, to comfort me? To learn something new every day? To have someone that understands me completely and yet does not judge me? To get to see the most beautiful little faces in the world each and every day?

I don't know. What was the question again?

Well, athey're loving and yet at the same time stubborn.

On a practical note they're cleaner than cats and dogs and don't have smelly food or poos! :lol:

I didn't know what the point to rabbits were until Bobo landed in our lives - and now we wouldn't be without them.

They are just the daftest, silliest, loving creatures who make me smile and laugh every day without fail -that is the point of rabbits - the keep the child me alive :thumb:

Back