• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Readi grass? U/D no 7: oat hay?

beccimarie

Mama Doe
I brought some readi grass yesterday to try it and it seemed to go down fast! Now it says on the back the same nutrition as grass.. so does this mean i give them less pellets?

Last edited:
o no :( why is everything high in calcium :( i will reduce there pellets slightly and maybe a handful a day mixed in there hay? or is that too much?

o no :( why is everything high in calcium :( i will reduce there pellets slightly and maybe a handful a day mixed in there hay? or is that too much?

Isn't it a pain - everything they like is high in calcium. :roll: I give Spenser a fairly generous handful daily, but I certainly wouldn't use it as his main hay or a pellet substitute.

mine get a big handful between them a day - they absolutely love it - you should see Sparkle ramming it in her mouth as fast as she can with bits hanging out all over the place :roll:
The short chop means they eat it very quickly - not much chewing value to it.

Mine get two handfuls between four and 1 handful between two a day and have done for the past year or so with no probs

mine get a big handful between them a day - they absolutely love it - you should see Sparkle ramming it in her mouth as fast as she can with bits hanging out all over the place :roll:
The short chop means they eat it very quickly - not much chewing value to it.

oo :roll: im trying to make casper chew more as he has just had dental.. maybe i should not give him too much, if i sprinkle it over his hay in might make it more appetising :) does anyone know much about oat hay? as they like that too?

I thought Spenser liked oat hay, but he hasn't eat that much of the stuff I put out yestedray. I think he got a bit annoyed by the length of the strands, so I cut them into shorter pieces, which seemed to help. I can see me ordering sample bags of various hays for quite some time before he settles, but I don't mind as it helps the BARC bunnies at the moment.

Back