• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it to cold?

stranger23

Mama Doe
OK my outdoor bunnies have been shut up for quite a while now at least a week (thats how long ive had them dont know last time previous owners got them out but they hadnt cut their nails for over a year!) well i really want to get them out for a run but its only 4 degrees out here and cloudy so do i get them out for a bit or is it to cold?

have they been living outside?
They really need to get out to exercise. If outdoor rabbits, they should be fine outside in the run. I would maybe add some kind of shelter they could go into if they want to

Yes they are outdoor rabbits, the reason im worrying is i dont have anything for them to shelter in while in the run im just using my kids play pen for now until i can make them a big home in my garage but lucky is over weight so needs to exercise i thought they would be alright but wanted to double check as they normally sit in their beds while its chilly and the best i can offer is some hay on the floor as the hutches are to big to fit in the play pen

The bunnies will be fine outside- I just put mine out that have been in for awhile and they are thriving- they are a pair and a trio though, so they have the comfort of each others body heat. I'd be reluctant to put a sole bunny out that had spent too long in doors.

well i let him out for half hour supervised just so he could have a run about and will let rodger out later or tomorrow as me and my 4 year old were to cold to stay out for much longer, lucky did manage to get a good kick to my face while i was putting him back in his hutch i know he didnt mean to tho :)

Back