• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried about Anya :( (post spay) UD post 9

WeeBarraxO

Warren Veteran
usually Anya is the first to go to the food/new hay ..

but I went to feed them & she never even looked :(, the vet said she had eaten in there .. but she's not eaten since being home .. I got her to take a little nibble of a banana but then she lost interest :(, she has pooped though, but little black poops then a few larger ones :(,

Last edited:
When you say you went to feed her, do you mean she is outdoors? If she is I would bring her indoors most people keep spayed bunnies indoors for a couple of days post spay as it's such a big op and they may have difficulty maintaining their temp! Plus it can be a tricky few days and you really need to monitor them in the first 24hrs to makesure they are eating! A lot of times it takes frequent wafting of tasty things right under their noses like parsley, dandelion leaves or basil etc to get them to start eating and not always their favourite foods! This is what I had to do with Daisy! I also held a shallow water bowl under her nose so she had a drink! Anya will be quiet and subdued and I imagine in some discomfort! Were you given extra painkiller to give her? The vet will have given a 24hr painkiller but often they may need some more the next day! I gave some over the next 2 days with the dose split morning and evening and each time Daisy picked up and ate a little bit more! It took a good few days for her to want to start eating her normal foods and I went through several bags of herbs! If Anya hasn't eaten by this morning and you cant get her to eat anything then she may need to go back to the vet! if you can you also need to get a look at her incision to makesure she hasn't nibbled it and to see if it's healing ok! Sending lots of healing and nomming vibes!

Hope she picks up soon.

Butters was eating when the vet let him home after his neuter, but after the stress of travelling home again he stopped eating and pooping and had to go back for stasis treatment.

Keep a close eye on Anya - if she doesn't start eating soon then it's best to get her back to the vets asap.

When you say you went to feed her, do you mean she is outdoors? If she is I would bring her indoors most people keep spayed bunnies indoors for a couple of days post spay as it's such a big op and they may have difficulty maintaining their temp! Plus it can be a tricky few days and you really need to monitor them in the first 24hrs to makesure they are eating! A lot of times it takes frequent wafting of tasty things right under their noses like parsley, dandelion leaves or basil etc to get them to start eating and not always their favourite foods! This is what I had to do with Daisy! I also held a shallow water bowl under her nose so she had a drink! Anya will be quiet and subdued and I imagine in some discomfort! Were you given extra painkiller to give her? The vet will have given a 24hr painkiller but often they may need some more the next day! I gave some over the next 2 days with the dose split morning and evening and each time Daisy picked up and ate a little bit more! It took a good few days for her to want to start eating her normal foods and I went through several bags of herbs! If Anya hasn't eaten by this morning and you cant get her to eat anything then she may need to go back to the vet! if you can you also need to get a look at her incision to makesure she hasn't nibbled it and to see if it's healing ok! Sending lots of healing and nomming vibes!

yeah she is an indoor bunny :wave:, I'm in the middle of sitting with all her faves & she has had a few nibbles, yeah I have painkiller to give her :), yeah my vet said if I can't get her eating by today I've to take her back in :)

Hope she picks up soon.

Butters was eating when the vet let him home after his neuter, but after the stress of travelling home again he stopped eating and pooping and had to go back for stasis treatment.

Keep a close eye on Anya - if she doesn't start eating soon then it's best to get her back to the vets asap.

Thanks :), you know it might be the travelling, she is not a good traveler at all :(, she has had a few more nibbles this morning, & done some more poops :wave:, but I am sitting with her untill she starts eating proper :oops:

sometimes in the first 24 hours they are so groggy and distressed by the vet visit, the op, the travel etc that they don't eat. Ruby was really out of it when I had her done, and Castiel didn't eat properly for 2 or 3 days

Sounds like she's not doing too bad as she's eaten a few bits! How's she doing tonight? did she eat a bit more! It's great she's indoors and used to it AND you have the magic metacam :D

thanks everyone, she picked up a bit more after she had her top up pain killers so maybe the injection had wore off a bit ?, then today she was munching some more :D, albeit not as enthusiastic as she usually is but I'm sure she will get back to that once she's all healed etc :D, she even gave Rose a wee groom this morning :shock:, she must be ill :lol:, Lady Anya grooms NO ONE ! :lol:

Would have liked a photo of Anya grooming Rose. :love: I suppose you've been to worried for photography. Keeping up recovery vibes. :wave:

thanks everyone :), she is still munching :D, still not quite back to herself but she is getting there, I wish I did have a camera when she was grooming Rose, but if I had gone to get one she would have stopped :(

thanks everyone :), she is still munching :D, still not quite back to herself but she is getting there, I wish I did have a camera when she was grooming Rose, but if I had gone to get one she would have stopped :(

Glad she is eating a bit better now. xxxx

Sorry to hear Anyas not been well, sending loads of nomming vibes her way:D

I've found the girls always take a little longer to recover from neuters, as the surgery is more intrusive, they always need coaxing into eating whereas the boys seem okay the same day and often eat on their way home from the vets:D

Back