• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Clipping claws!

Indy

Warren Scout
Ive only ever clipped white claws - Indys are black and are quite long so until the patio is secure enough for his run they need clipping!

Obviously on white claws you can see where the quick is, but on black ones? I'd take the very very tip off but am too scared until i know theres a foolproof way! The vet is mega busy but has said he might have space in the next two weeks...

i took my bunnies in to have theirs done and the girl who did it was showing me how, she said if you take off a tiny bit at a time when you get close to the quick they flinch so you know when to stop but every bunny is different

we shine a torch up under the nail and that way you can see the quick :D you need some one to help as this requires a few hands:lol:

we shine a torch up under the nail and that way you can see the quick :D you need some one to help as this requires a few hands:lol:

This, or do it outside in good daylight. I would be concerned about clipping until bunny flinches! :shock: not necessary at all.

Back