• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mix of Pellets

Indy

Warren Scout
Does anyone else mix different brands of pellets?

My two are primarily on Excel Jr/Dwarf but I've been given a bag of Science Selective Junior from work (only the 350g one, but still!)

I thought if i mixed the two they'd get a decent diet that was slightly varied? Does anyone else do this? :wave:

I do at the moment because I had a massive bag of changeover food that came with Oscar that I didn't want to throw away, that I mix in with the excel jr/dwarf. He seems to prefer the excel though, and always eats those pellets first! I don't think if I didn't have the other pellets though I would feed a mixture.

Yes I do sometimes. I occasionally win Science Selective bags of food at shows, so I mix it in with thier Allen and paige

I used to mix my SS with A and P and now I'm feeding SS with Oxbow Bunny Basics T. Means they get the taste and the reasonable fibre of the extruded pellet with the less tasty (no alfalfa0 but higher fibre compressed pellet. They all eat the lot and seem to be doing okay on it.

Don't think there's anything wrong in mxing pellets provided you stick to the rules of feeding a small amount so that they don't selectively feed.

Ah thats good to know :) Im mixing in her nasty old pellets in tiny amounts to use them up and she picks out the Excel, then the Science Selective and tips the crappy Chinchilla pellets out onto the floor :love:

Indy just stuffs his face on whatever is closest to his mouth at the time :roll::lol:

Ah thats good to know :) Im mixing in her nasty old pellets in tiny amounts to use them up and she picks out the Excel, then the Science Selective and tips the crappy Chinchilla pellets out onto the floor :love:

Indy just stuffs his face on whatever is closest to his mouth at the time :roll::lol:

Glad to hear that the new girly has taste :lol:

atleast you know that by mixing different brands that have different levels of netrients you're evening out what some feeds may be lacking :) I say yes! Plus they'll be different roughages and flavours etc

Back