• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Caron - update on another Honeybunnies/Lymington piggy

yodelpig

Young Bun
It is just amazing how quickly Caron has settled into her new life as a roaming Tribe member. She made a huge leap yesterday, and has conquered the whole of the living room. She is now moving with the Tribe and not just watching from sidelines! You wouldn't believe that she has been with me for not even a whole week!

Caron's first dinner with the Tribe under the dining table
d3f13753.jpg

7db38785.jpg

Having a little squeeze at the entrace to the cage:
79b64b71.jpg

2a3f556a.jpg

2476105a.jpg

Cheeky girl!
20b75775.jpg

And a good munch on the crunchies
fcdfc89d.jpg

107588c2.jpg

Here is a little video clip to show how relaxed Caron is after only four days with the Tribe (please click on the picture to start the video)

And here are they all lined up!
846660b2-1.jpg

I can't say where in Lymington. They got collected by a rescue down South and were distributed over several guinea pigs rescues because of the sheer number of piggies, some of whom were in a very bad state and needed round the clock treatment. All females potentially pregnant (thankfully, that part didn't come completely true). Sadly, some have not made it.

:shock: someone with more piggies than me:shock::lol::lol::lol: we have just aquired our 8th and 9th:love: i love them:D they look so cute all together:D are they all girls or is there a boy amongst them? we have 2 groups of ...1 boy and 2 girls, one girl on her own as she hates other piggies:cry: and our new 5 week old 2 boys:D:love:

:shock: someone with more piggies than me:shock::lol::lol::lol: we have just aquired our 8th and 9th:love: i love them:D they look so cute all together:D are they all girls or is there a boy amongst them? we have 2 groups of ...1 boy and 2 girls, one girl on her own as she hates other piggies:cry: and our new 5 week old 2 boys:D:love:

One neutered boar, Llewelyn, and the rest is his harem girls!

I have been very carefully only to rehome sows for whom my setup is right after a failure early on. Sometimes, it has been hard to come to the joint decision with a rescue that my set up would not be suitable/ideal for a certain sow I would have liked to give a home to.

My Tribe has slowly grown this big over the last 18 months. I can only have one group, so I have stetched that to the max!!! ;)

What a fantastic video. Ive never seen a row of guinea pigs all tucking into their food, they are gorgeous. The Lymington guinea is just beautiful. I love how she takes off along the line and starts eating in the end bowl.

we started with one group then...a girl who ended up being a boy:shock: :censored: useless vet:roll: and then the original male had a abscess and had to be separated for 6 wheeks :)lol:)from his 2 girls and one of them wouldnt let him back in:roll: but there we are...:lol:

we started with one group then...a girl who ended up being a boy:shock: :censored: useless vet:roll: and then the original male had a abscess and had to be separated for 6 wheeks :)lol:)from his 2 girls and one of them wouldnt let him back in:roll: but there we are...:lol:

I was lucky that I had Llewelyn as the corner stone to build up the Tribe around him after his much beloved elderly lady Dizzy died.

Your story is not uncommon - I learned many lessons the hard way, too, in the five years I could only have two piggies (and that includes the usual shop piggy popping surprise for starters...) I just hope that a split doesn't happen here!!!

Back