• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Christmas paper chain challenge

chloaster

Warren Veteran
We are inviting everyone to join us in the challenge of creating a Christmas paper chain that will be long enough to travel the entire perimeter of the Fat Fluff Barn!!!

The purpose is to raise £500 to save Thursdays life. Thursday is our much loved Continental Giant who was rescued as part of a cruelty case back in July. As a result of where he has come from he and one of his sisters Wednesday, who we couldn't save, suffer from severe abscesses. We have tried to get the infections under control but nothing has worked and Thursday now faces the prospect of losing his left front leg in order to save his life.

This is going to cost Fat Fluffs, including aftercare, in the region of £500. Obviously as a charity and a rescue there were lots of considerations to make but we would desperately like to give Thursday the chance of a long and happy life. This Christmas we are focusing our fundraising on being able to do this for him.

The FSI (http://www.thefsi.org/) have sent us 200 paper chain bands .... we are hoping to sell all of these, for £1 each, and create a Christmas paper chain around the Fat Fluff bunny barn for Thursday. The idea of the chain is to celebrate and remember our pets this Christmas and to help Thursday at the same time. We're asking, for each £1 link bought, that you send us the message you would like written on the back, so each one is personal, and we will then add the link to the chain in the barn and try and make it as long as possible. At the end of the year we will send our chain to the FSI where it will be added to the chains made by other small charities and it will be hung up on a prominant landmark!

Click to donate ----> http://www.fatfluffs.com/donate/

Please also add the message below, if you would like to, so we can share our rememberances and Christmas wishes on here too.

thursdayagain.jpg
Thursdaylyingdown2.jpg
thuirsdays2.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=129830793740404&index=1

http://www.fatfluffs.com/blog/

Poor Thursday - have sent a donation.

Give him an extra nose rub from me, he is such a lovely boy and really deserves a second chance.

This is a lovely idea. Please can I have a link- to read "Graham, gone but not forgotten".

I will paypal in the morning if thats ok as im on my mobile internet at the min.

Chloe I'm so sorry you sent me this on facebook a while ago and I didnt look at it. I have donated. I would like the links in memory of my grandad George Webb

I have invited a few people on fb too

Last edited:
Let me sort some cash out, and i will have buy a few links.

Thanks hon.x

Just sent a donation. My message is for the Wonderland Bunnies & Piggies that I wasn't able to help x

Thank you.xx

Chloe I'm so sorry you sent me this on facebook a while ago and I didnt look at it. I have donated. I would like the links in memory of my grandad George Webb

Thanks hon - have done one for your Grandad George.x

This is a lovely idea. Please can I have a link- to read "Graham, gone but not forgotten".

I will paypal in the morning if thats ok as im on my mobile internet at the min.

Of course you can - Thank you.x

Poor Thursday - have sent a donation.

Give him an extra nose rub from me, he is such a lovely boy and really deserves a second chance.

Thank you Jackie.x

Have just bought a link, will buy another tomorrow

"For all my angels, love Mum x"

Thank you

I'm really looking forward to seeing the paper chain when I get to the barn on Sunday for our FFFF. Thursday is such a lovely boy - we really hope we can sort him out! x

:oops: I thought it was one of those silly games.

Would be happy to donate. :D

ETA - Done

Last edited:
I have sent a donation for three chains please.

Can they read:

In Memory of My Mum at Christmas
In Memory of My Grandma at Christmas

and For Waffle - a Special Sponsor Bunny, we are so sad you had to go x

I'm sorry I could not make your fundraising event, because I have been poorly. :(

I have just donated for three links. My messages:
RIP Velvet
RIP Diego
RIP our parents

Back