• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help - what else to do???

BB Mommy

Warren Veteran
Oscar is still really poorly with snuffles following his reaction to the VHD vaccine:cry:

He's on Engemycin,Septrin,Metacam, Zantac and Bisolvin, and whilst his breathing seems ok, he's snotty and really really miserable.

Luckily he's eating well, but spending the whole day hiding in his tunnel or sitting facing the wall.

Any ideas to cheer my boy up or make him more comfortable?

He's living indoors with his wifey, but showing her no interest either:cry:

Oscar is still really poorly with snuffles following his reaction to the VHD vaccine:cry:

He's on Engemycin,Septrin,Metacam, Zantac and Bisolvin, and whilst his breathing seems ok, he's snotty and really really miserable.

Luckily he's eating well, but spending the whole day hiding in his tunnel or sitting facing the wall.

Any ideas to cheer my boy up or make him more comfortable?

He's living indoors with his wifey, but showing her no interest either:cry:

:( Bless him

If he's eating well, what about some special hays? Normally gets mine quite excited. Or a nice snuggly bed to sit and mope in? When I'm feeling rubbish nothing beats the sofa and the duvet...!

:( Bless him

If he's eating well, what about some special hays? Normally gets mine quite excited. Or a nice snuggly bed to sit and mope in? When I'm feeling rubbish nothing beats the sofa and the duvet...!

We must think along the same lines cos I got him a lovely soft blanket to snuggle into rather than just sitting on the carpet, but he was totally p'd off with that and has shoved it out the way so he can continue to stare at the wall.:cry:

We have had good results by adding metronidazole into that mix of meds or using just zithromax as the antibiotic.

Sending vibes xx

We have had good results by adding metronidazole into that mix of meds or using just zithromax as the antibiotic.

Sending vibes xx

That's good to know.
I've just added the Septrin so if I don't see an improvement in the next day or so I'll ask Lou to review him again with that in mind.

Unfortunately, Sea, his little wifey bun, has now sucummbed to the effects of the VHD vaccine, and her breathing yesterday afternoon deteriorated rapidly. She has always been a fragile little thing which is why she was not previously VHD'd:cry:
I thought it was Oscar's breathing I could hear (from 10ft away) and then realised with horror it was Sea.

This morning, BB is presenting similiarly to Sea, and again it is post VHD effects on a vulnerable bunny.

With my poor mum in hospital and having to fight to get her the treatment she needs, and these poorly bunnies I'm beginning to think I'm on an unlucky run:roll:

Sorry to hear and your poorly bunnies and your mum.

It sounds like you've got all the bases covered, and it's good that he's eating well. Just keep an eye out for it turning into something nasty, like a middle ear infection or pneumonia.

A nebuliser may help loosen the stuff in his nasal passages and keep him comfortable. Maplin sell a portable one which is really quiet so not stressful for the bunnies- just cut a hole in a large plastic storage box toattach it and add bunnies and some nommy treats xx

Back