• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Willow branches

Bitzy

Mama Doe
:wave:

I've been attempting to grow a willow tree in my garden so I can hack branches off randomly for the bunnies ....... I presume they can eat the leaves on them as well????

Do I have to do anything to them or just whap em off and give straight to the buns??

They've never been treated with anything!

Thanks, Jo x

when bisc and matt were outdoors, they had a willow tree next to their shed and used to beg for the leaves and twigs! :love: they loved them. :love:

Willow is a real favourite with my bunnies, and has the advantage of keeping it's leaves after most other edible deciduous trees have gone bald in autumn.
There is an overgrown willow tree in the grounds of my local supermarket, which I helpfully prune most days:)

if you can kill a willow id be surprised they do like space though, while not impossiable to grow in a pot they do thrive in the ground

my lot get my mums willow straight from the tree, most of the year cept spring i watch my buns and how they eat that time in spring with the "catkins" my buns refuse to eat once those loverly fresh leave are through though nothing stops them :D then in winter cut back save the twigs dry and serve :D

Back