• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Louie's forage box

*lily*

Wise Old Thumper
Consisting of hay, carrot tops, dried lemon balm, rose petals and twigs, apple twigs and other bits of leaf :D

Picture054.jpg

Is this a new treat for him? I'm afraid I'm not very imaginative with Spenser's treats. He gets apple and carrot dried pieces, dried plantain and dandelion, all of which I buy. I did try coltsfoot, but he didn't like it at all. He has had apple leaves as we have a ttree, and seems to favour the ones that are very dried up or a bit mottled and mouldy-looking.

Is this a new treat for him? I'm afraid I'm not very imaginative with Spenser's treats. He gets apple and carrot dried pieces, dried plantain and dandelion, all of which I buy. I did try coltsfoot, but he didn't like it at all. He has had apple leaves as we have a ttree, and seems to favour the ones that are very dried up or a bit mottled and mouldy-looking.

No not a new treat but I add different bits and bobs to it all the time so he always likes to go and see what's new in there!

Louie likes the dried up leaves too!

Looks yummy!

My boys would empty it in a couple of minutes - they wouldn't be able to leave any and go back for it later :lol:

Looks yummy!

My boys would empty it in a couple of minutes - they wouldn't be able to leave any and go back for it later :lol:

Spenser's not the best at the 'l;eave some for later' strategy. Unless it's something he doesn't much like, but will eat - carrot comes into this category.

hehe I did this for mine yesterday in a massive cardboard box...filled it with special hay, forage bits herbs etc...i went back an hour later and it will90% gone with lots of poop....:lol:

My boys would empty it in a couple of minutes - they wouldn't be able to leave any and go back for it later

Same here :lol:

It looks really good and you've given me inspiration to try this for my lot for their Christmas Day dinner. I'm going to buy some goodies from Galen's Garden and give them a real treat :D

louie:love:

eric's a good boy and paces himself too but es tends to scoff all of her goodies til she's soooo full she flops for ages:lol: neither of mine like lemon balm tho - good job the hammies do cos i dried loads of it this year:roll:

I kinda do that in their litter trays - a big pile of hay and treats one end for the lions and in the middle for the lops. They have their own unique places they like to sit. :roll::lol:

I need to order some stuff from Galen's too. :thumb:

While I'm here talking about them :oops: is there any stuff on Galen's that rabbits can't have?

Back