• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spenser 'at home' ... slight setback 20th November

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
... checking out his new toilet arrangements!

PB180387.jpg

and this morning, rooting about in his lower hutch. He has been ignoring this eggbox for a couple of weeks, but not seems to like it.

PB180380.jpg

Last edited:
Aw he's so cute! Milly has a washing up bowl that she sleeps in! She loved sitting in shoeboxes but they got trashed easily, so we bought her the bowl instead. It's filled with straw, her snugglesafe and a blanket round the edges and she curls up in it! Will have to find some pics...

Spenser's hutch does look very cosy! :)

Update is a bit worrying. :? After over an hour and a half back in his hutch there is not a poo to be seen. Normally he poos within minutes (if not seconds) of his bedroom being made up. He's nomming his tea with much enthusiasm, but I am concerned he may dislike the basin and feel confused about where to poo. :?

Update is a bit worrying. :? After over an hour and a half back in his hutch there is not a poo to be seen. Normally he poos within minutes (if not seconds) of his bedroom being made up. He's nomming his tea with much enthusiasm, but I am concerned he may dislike the basin and feel confused about where to poo. :?

Did you put some poos in the basin to give him the idea?

I'll have a rummage - got a busy schedule 6-8pm, but will go out for a torchlit poo hunt afterwards.

I really wouldn't worry too much. He'll get the hang of it & no doubt there will be a lovely big pile of nuggets waiting for you in the morning :D

Still no poos. Could he damage his insides by holding them in? Will look properly after my tutoring, but I don't think he's been doing them elsewhere. :?

Would you be able to turn the bowl 90 degrees so that he has an option of in the bowl or out of the bowl?

Back