• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pillow digging

Shellypops

Wise Old Thumper
Bunnies seems to have a new game! When I open the door to the bunny room, to either feed water or clean out, Bobby and Carlo run straight into my bedroom, (when I have stupidly left the door open) Jump straight on my bed, and dig and bite my pillows furiously :shock::shock:.. they also dig the fitted sheet untill it comes off:shock:

In fact if they have a towel or a blanket that is nice and neatly put, they just NEED to screw it all up!

Are they mad at me?? because I have often heard that digging can be an attention seeking thing! Or are they just being annoying? :?

I definately think it's attention seeking, Peter also digs and bites my pillows and sheet. When I am out he leaves all the newspaper in the bottom of his cage nice and neat, when I come home and he has free range, he decides he wants to be back in the cage and dig it all up, shred it and make a general noise and mess-he doesn't bother if I'm in the room!! I think it's a definate 'look at me and the mess and noise I am making' thing!! Especially as he is generally a very good bunny and doesn't chew things!!

I definately think it's attention seeking, Peter also digs and bites my pillows and sheet. When I am out he leaves all the newspaper in the bottom of his cage nice and neat, when I come home and he has free range, he decides he wants to be back in the cage and dig it all up, shred it and make a general noise and mess-he doesn't bother if I'm in the room!! I think it's a definate 'look at me and the mess and noise I am making' thing!! Especially as he is generally a very good bunny and doesn't chew things!!

It's usually when they have been shut in their room for a while, which is a fair sized box room.

They watch me, and laugh as I try and straighten it out... :evil:

Lol Shelly! I know what you mean tho. Lucky does this to the point that he's completely ruined a snugglesafe cover too. Sometimes though, it looks like he's almost humping the pillow! :shock:

Lol Shelly! I know what you mean tho. Lucky does this to the point that he's completely ruined a snugglesafe cover too. Sometimes though, it looks like he's almost humping the pillow! :shock:

Yep My pillow is the most interesting thing in the world:roll::lol:

Back