• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would a rescue do this?

Toadie

Alpha Buck
Would a rescue consider rehoming and bonding a girly-bun with a very laid back u-neutered boy? :rabbit2:

Does he have a medical reason not to be neutered?

My first reaction would be no....he might be laidback with no female nearby, but once she comes within sniffing distance it's likely he'll become a horror! :shock:

I know one bun that isn't neutered due to health reasons, and he's bonded with a spayed girlie bun. He has the odd hump, but doesn't have any hormonal aggression, or any pent up sexual desire. He had a stroke at some time (his face is lopsided) so maybe that affected his hormones.
You'd have to ask Parsnipbun...it's her Parsley.

I bonded one recently for a Rescue - so some will yes:D

The people in question were advised neutering would be for the best though & if any excessive humping occured they should aim to do it sooner rather than later:D

No. The home in question I refused said it was advised by her vet as her male had a retained testicle.

After explaining that means he should have the op more than a normally developed rabbit due to risk of testiclular cancer from a retained teste, she was adamant she was right. That was all I needed to hear to know she was not adopting from me :?

Does he have a medical reason not to be neutered?

My first reaction would be no....he might be laidback with no female nearby, but once she comes within sniffing distance it's likely he'll become a horror! :shock:

I know one bun that isn't neutered due to health reasons, and he's bonded with a spayed girlie bun. He has the odd hump, but doesn't have any hormonal aggression, or any pent up sexual desire. He had a stroke at some time (his face is lopsided) so maybe that affected his hormones.
You'd have to ask Parsnipbun...it's her Parsley.

Thats our Parsley - not a testosterone in sight!! In fact the paralyses may be due to an ear infection although we are not sure - and he was unhormonal before that. He also gets on well with other males and is generally very 'gay' at heart!

Back