• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny bliss is over

RubyTed

Wise Old Thumper
My little moment of bunny perfectness has ended. Yesterday the boys had a fight (first time I diffused it at fur pulling, second time it was more serious and Oscar got a rather sore looking bite to the ear), so I've split them.

I left Oscar with Ruby, as they seem to match each other personality wise, and have Eddie as a single. He's a bit quiet, but other than that is fine. Roobs and Oscar are fine.

I'm upset that I had to split them, as they were so happy together until yesterday, but it was the right thing to do.

I'm not going to try it again as I think it's likely to happen again at some point, so in the spring Ruby and Oscar will go outside and Eddie will stay inside with me.

Just wanted to let you know. :wave:

Last edited:
Sorry to hear this, but at least you were there when it happened. Hope Oscar's ear heals up well.

Thanks. Whilst I'm disappointed, I'm not really upset. They're all healthy, which is the important thing. They'll still be happy with this arrangement. :)

I decided to split Eddie from the group (as opposed to removing Oscar) as Eddie loves people so much, whereas Oscar can be nervous with me, and I think he'll benefit from the bunny company more than Eddie. Ruby and Oscar have been the Gruesome twosome :lol:, so it was best that they went together.

I have no plans to get Eddie a friend right now. I know some people don't agree with this, but he had been a single house bun before I got him, and I had awful trouble with bonding him into a pair (for some reason the 3 was easy :roll: :lol:) He's a "human" bun....not that you'd think that after all the "death" looks he gives me :lol::lol: but he's really happy in human company.

I've heard of other bunnies like that (happy as single indoor buns), and it sounds as if you have a perfect 'Plan B' worked out for them all.:wave:

Thanks. :D I've let him have the downstairs, as I'm downstairs more often than not. The other two have Oli's playroom, upstairs.

I thought that it was only fair to have him with me, even though it gives him more space than the two.

I think that single house buns who have lots of attention are just as happy with the arrangement:wave:

If Ian and I didn't work full time and were out most of the day, I would probably have kept her single, as she was very happy snuggling with us! :D

I had Teddy as a single bun for the first year. ...he was just as happy as when we got Roobs. ...but he didn't think he was a rabbit.

I had Teddy as a single bun for the first year. ...he was just as happy as when we got Roobs. ...but he didn't think he was a rabbit.

No Bob's didn't realise this either, :lol: She was most definitely a hoomin in her head :lol:

In fact as much as I adore seeing them snuggling and loving each others company, I miss how much Bobby used be such a companion :(.. I wouldn't change it personally, because I'm not at home enough, and Bob's likes to stay up late, where as I go to bed too early for her :roll::lol:

They'd been together for a month, with no problems. ...but I know it can happen at any time with groups.

Eddie wouldn't bond with Ruby when I tried them as a two. (He'd be fine for a week and then attacked her.) Maybe he just doesn't want it very much. :?

I think sometimes buns just are a bit anti social with their own kind... I think you have definitley made the right decision :)

They'd been together for a month, with no problems. ...but I know it can happen at any time with groups.

Eddie wouldn't bond with Ruby when I tried them as a two. (He'd be fine for a week and then attacked her.) Maybe he just doesn't want it very much. :?

aww :(,

Oh gosh - dont say that!! :shock:

Im sorry you had to split them but they all sound happy and healthy (apart from Oscars ear) and thats the main thing!! x

Back