• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dizzi and Rascal have had a tiff!

Bitzy

Mama Doe
:shock:

Came home to find clumps of fur all over the run!! Checked them both over and they seem fine, can't see any big chunks missing, blood or injuries!!

Think I may know what's caused it tho ....... they keep sitting in the most exposed part of the run so this morning I came up with a cunning plan and put their carrier in that spot with an old towel in, loads of hay and treats (pellets) hidden in the hay..... well they loved it, exploring, digging, jumping on top of it ..... but on further investigation this evening there was some fur in there ........ so I'm thinking they must have fallen out over the carrier in some way - its the only thing that's changed and they were fine before I put it in!!

Needless to say I've taken it out now and am keeping a very close eye on them .... they were sat together when I got home and after I'd brought each one in for a good examination they ran straight over to the other when I put them back in the run!!

And again - I thought animals were meant to lower your BP not raise it even more!! Since I got them in May I've turned into a total worry-wort!

Oh gosh, I'm sorry! At least you have sussed out a possible reason and it doesn't seem to have done them or their bond any harm. Bunnies do bring a lot of worry as well as joy. :roll::love:

They haven't been bonded that long have they:? Only reason Im asking as that Bobby and Carlo still had a few tiffs a few months in. I reckon that because Bobby is the dominant, Carlo tried his luck, and lost:cry:

They haven't been bonded that long have they:? Only reason Im asking as that Bobby and Carlo still had a few tiffs a few months in. I reckon that because Bobby is the dominant, Carlo tried his luck, and lost:cry:

No you're right, they haven't, only since the end of August and they've had one fight since (other than today) which ended in a trip to the vets (they were ok, Dizzi had bit a small chunk out of Rascal's ear but he was fine). Rascal's the dominant bun but Dizzi does try it on now and again (she's a slow learner bless), that was about 6 weeks ago and they've been totally loved up since (til today)!!

Well they seem to be ok with each other again today ......... Dizzi was grooming Rascal this morning and they were all loved up!!

Fingers crossed it continues!

Back