• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tell me your story

cutebunny123

Young Bun
Hi I have three netherland dwarf rabbits a boy and two girls. Please tell me how you got your rabbit and your best rabbit story!
I hope you love rabbits as much as me!

IMG_0027.jpg

steve and jas (jasmine)

steves the uppy eared- he was abandoned at my place of work, (a countrypark) and was roughing it for a week befor someone caught him. he came home with me and im afraid to say we both had a rough start, i knew nothing of rabbits hadnt even had one as a pet as achild so it was a very steap and very fast learning curve (big thanks owed to RU!)

STEVE is the number one escape artist, if theres a way out he has found and used it, luckily he is now trained to his name and does come back if shouted, hes found his way into nextdoors garden, got stuck behind the green house after jumping 5 foot onto the roof, hes also a major distructabun and has cos me over £1000 in is year with me!

Jasmine (dwarf lop)cme from a rescue having spent 8 month there and only being a year old, i dint choose her, she didnt chose me and steve didnt get a say! the lady i spoke to told me that she had the perfect rabbit for steve and i had a home check and she came the next day! it was love at first sight she and steve are inseperable!

i love my rabbits as much as i love anybody, they come first befor my own health and welbeing as im sure a lot of others feel about their rabbits too, they have stolen my heart and have become the spoilt rabbits even having my OH wrapped arount their finger!

My story

My story is that...
About two years ago my family and i moved to a lovely market Town called Crowle near Belton. Anyway at first i wouldn't talk to my neighbours as i was shy of them. If you looked at me now you wouldn't belive it! They are so so so so kind in many ways. My neighbour has a brother and he breeds rabbits and keeps chickens niether of which are kept in a good state...
The first time i met my neighbour's brother i did not care oft he rabbits as my neighbour has chickens...
But eventually my brother noticed my longing for a easy pet, so my brother talked to my parents telling them how i wanted a pet. At first it was ment to be a late birthday gift from my brother soon turning into a gift I paid for! I bought Cocoa and Jasmine two netherlands. Then soon (a few months) on a lucky day my family and I went to harrington world of pets and saw a lovely black rabbit and because my WHOLE family was happy I got "her". YEs she was found to be a male DOT DOT DOT a week ago Biscuit was neutered!Now I and my dad, who got hooked in by his passion for rabbits, cater to their every needs!

I just have one rabbit, Spenser. He is just over a year old and was 7 months when I got him. He lives outside, but when it is raining he comes in for exercise. One day a neighbour popped round, and while I was making her a coffee Spenser disappeared. He had never shown much interest in the stairs, but that where I eventually found him - in my parents' bedroom, sitting under a chair with the one and only poo he has ever done indoors. :roll::lol:

I got my rabbits from someone who lives next door to my mum, they had a 2 level hutch with 6 adults and 2 babies in. I couldn't leave the babies in there so I said i'd take them off him and I handed over a tenner and he handed me the babies - too young at 6 weeks - in a bucket... I didn't even have a hutch or anything...

Now I wouldn't change them for the world even though they drive me INSANE!!!

how i got my first bunny casper

I was at a teenager night club with my friend when i was 16,we went back to her house for the night, when i woke up i saw a hutch downstairs, iv always been into animals so i asked to go and have a look, she picked up casper and gave him to me, he sat like a little baby in my arms and i held him all morning, his hutch was small and only mixed pellets were in his hutch, i asked my friend who the rabbit belonged to she said its her sister but she is not intrested in him anymore, then she said hey! why dont you have him? my eyes light up! id never had my very own pet before, family pets but he would be mine! i came home.. with casper in a little box.. my mum laughed and said "most girls come home from a night club with a boy, my daughter comes home with a rabbit" and that was it that day he got a big hutch and run and free range in the afternooons, i did all my research that same day, and got him a friend after his vacc which he had never had done before at the age of 4! now im 20 and he is 8, growing up together is the best and it looks like we will be moving out together too :love: he wil always be by my side and ill always be by his :love:

Last edited:
I have 7 rabbits - Mose (Xlionhed), Lucy (Xbreed), Mallow (white mini rex), Rupert (Black), Harley (minilop), Buddy (Orange mini rex) and Sasha (Xbreed)

Mose, Lucy, Rupert, Buddy and Sasha came from rescues, Harley came from Gumtree and Mallow was from a garden centre as she was sold to the centre from a breeder as she was "no good" for breeding from.

My favourite story is when i walked out to the wendy house mose and lucy live in and saw mose on his back with legs in air. Terrified i thought he'd passed away until he heard me coming and sprang back onto all four paws! I knew he was a fairly chilled out bun but not to that extent. :lol:

I also have two buns i am fostering for a member on here until she gets her flat sorted in January. Tess is a Xlionhead and Milo is a lionhead. I love hearing Tess's little cooing noises as she sleeps and snores :lol:

Back