• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bob grumpy with pat

catxx

Mama Doe
Bob never grunts at me, Pat does. However I've noticed Bob occasionally having a grunt and lunge at Pat. He just did it just now right under my feet and took a wee bit of poor Pat's fur was left behind. I'm worried :(

It's just occasionally. They still groom. They still share food. They are brother and sister, not husbun and wife. Could it just be sibling grumpiness? Once Pat has bounced out the way Bob doesn't go after her.

I dont know what to advise you to do really except keep a close eye on them, i think some squabbling is normal usually over food or a bit of jealousy, grace bites my bum if i fuss charlie and not her. xxx

Sorry, I've no experience to give advice, but have a soft spot for your pair so hope it doesn't turn into anything serious. Maybe you could also try a post in behaviour and bonding, or putting up a thread asking if owners of siblings (I'm sure there are a few on The Forum) can offer any ideas. :wave:

It could be referred aggression caused by your presence. He felt threatened by you but you were too big so he lunged out.

Back