• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Riley's current set up...Sky-O please look...

abi2047

Mama Doe
This is Riley's current set up, I know it is far too small for him but I am working on it. Sorry the pics are at wierd angles, it is because it was dark and I couldn't see anything on the screen of my camera. :thumb: :wave:

The Front...
DSCF00212.jpg

The Side...
DSCF00192.jpg

The Back...
DSCF00282.jpg

And This Is With It Covered Up...
DSCF0033.jpg

The one thing I think you need to try and sort out asap is the gap between the hutch and run. A fox could easily get their paws in there.

Also, putting the run on grass is great as it means Riley can eat when he wants to, but make sure you move it often and that he cant dig out.

We used "hook and eyes" to attach our run to the hutch. You could put a pair at the top and bottom on each side. Then you can easily move it around still.

Did you say you were getting Riley a playhouse? (Sorry if I've got that wrong!:oops:)

It may not be the biggest hutch in the world, but he is still much better off than many other buns! I think most new bunny owners learn as they go along, I know I certainly have, it took me a while to get my buns' accommodation to a good standard. Then you're still always seeing if you could make it better!

Love your siggy by the way :)

Ok, so, as I have told you privately, I have a 6x4 run you can have (but, as you know, it needs to be done up a bit and is not secure if you have predators around in your area), but I'm not sure the best way to go about it, or how best to fit it in with that set up, but I could help you with that respect and also maybe we can come up with a plan for some better weather proofing for the winter if you like, and also ways to make it safer?

This is all depending on your mum of course.

We used "hook and eyes" to attach our run to the hutch. You could put a pair at the top and bottom on each side. Then you can easily move it around still.

Did you say you were getting Riley a playhouse? (Sorry if I've got that wrong!:oops:)

It may not be the biggest hutch in the world, but he is still much better off than many other buns! I think most new bunny owners learn as they go along, I know I certainly have, it took me a while to get my buns' accommodation to a good standard. Then you're still always seeing if you could make it better!

Love your siggy by the way :)

I am going down focus either tomorrow or at the weekend to go get some fish and eye hooks because I have to go down there to get to P@H :)oops:) anways. Mum keeps changing her mind about the playhouse but If I am not aloud a playhouse then I will definately get him a larger hutch, either way I will carry on saving up. I didn't make the siggy, Wally4eva did, lovely isn't it? :D :wave:

Would it be possible to attach the run on that side? You would need 4 ft between the run and whatever is behind it (and also an ok from your mum).

Ok, so, as I have told you privately, I have a 6x4 run you can have (but, as you know, it needs to be done up a bit and is not secure if you have predators around in your area), but I'm not sure the best way to go about it, or how best to fit it in with that set up, but I could help you with that respect and also maybe we can come up with a plan for some better weather proofing for the winter if you like, and also ways to make it safer?

This is all depending on your mum of course.

That is a very generous offer from sky-o abi. xxxx

Abi, I dont want to interfere at all but in another thread where you said mum had changed her mind and wouldnt now let you have a playhouse/shed as it would block the path, I asked you if it could go against the house, well if she does change her mind back? :) maybe something would fit nicely where the bike is on your last photo?
That's against the house and the fence of next door so it wouldn't block the way...just a thought for you xxxxx
Keep saving sweetie, you'll get there xxxx

Abi, I dont want to interfere at all but in another thread where you said mum had changed her mind and wouldnt now let you have a playhouse/shed as it would block the path, I asked you if it could go against the house, well if she does change her mind back? :) maybe something would fit nicely where the bike is on your last photo?
That's against the house and the fence of next door so it wouldn't block the way...just a thought for you xxxxx
Keep saving sweetie, you'll get there xxxx

It's on the grass and mum said she doesn't want anything on the grass as we don't have a lot of grass (even though we have quite a bit of grass). :roll:
I think me saving up is convincing her I really want to get a playhouse. When she asked how much money I had saved and I told her how much she got she goes "Really?!? I didn't realised you already saved that much. What are you spending it on?" I told her I was either saving up for a playhouse if she lets me or a bigger hutch for Riley. She walked off rolling her eyes. :oops:

Someone is advertising this on a group on Facebook for £35. Is it suitable for Riley with the 6x4ft run attached? x
76919_1448205973584_1486258118_1137874_6436002_n.jpg

Back