• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Yay my little girl is doing so much better :)

stranger23

Mama Doe
i got a baby dwarf at 8 weeks from a pet shop she was in with all the guinea pigs so i asked for her they said no as she wasnt very well so we went back in the next day and asked the boss as she shouldnt be in with guinea pigs and she said as it was us (we go there a lot lol) we could have her as she would be housed properly, in the first few days she had a really poorly tummy and was drinking so much, more than my 2 males do together, so i got her only rabbit food instead of guinea pig food and offered her loads of hay and now she is finally so much better starting to gain weight as was all skin and bones before and has got normal poos now she has also started drinking less since her tummy is sorted out :) going to pick up a bigger cage for her tonight as the one she is in is really to small but she needed help as wasnt doing well at the pet shop and it was the only one i had spare, she will be getting spayed when she is old enough and im going to try and bond her with my 2 males so she can stay in the house if that doesnt go well i have 2 single boys who i will try with but really want all the dwarfs to stay together would be worried the other 2 might hurt her by accident as they are SO big, i think one of them is a bit over weight :/

Hope things work out well for her with your buns. Would like to see a photo when she is settled. :wave: Glad her tummy touble is better. :)

Thanks she is called Susie :) we were thinking either Susan or Lilly and our 4 year old said he wanted Susie so we put names in a pot and Susie came out :) I got her from brunos in billing. Will get photos of all of them when they are all settled :) trying to get any of shadow and punch is a bit hard as they are let loose

Yes thats the one they have some bad press but there is one girl in there who knows what she is talking about we have only ever had problems with the rats that we brought from their but i dont think it was the pet shops fault just a personality clash between us and the rats lol. I was up till 12.30 last night building Susie a c&C type cage and she seems very happy in it was binking last night when i put her in it now the job of bonding her with my boys can begin :)

Yes thats the one they have some bad press but there is one girl in there who knows what she is talking about we have only ever had problems with the rats that we brought from their but i dont think it was the pet shops fault just a personality clash between us and the rats lol. I was up till 12.30 last night building Susie a c&C type cage and she seems very happy in it was binking last night when i put her in it now the job of bonding her with my boys can begin :)

Ive met a man in there who knew what he was talking about with the mice and hedgies but the other staff seemed to know nothing :roll:
awwwh Im so glad she's happy :love:

Back