• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Veggie Shopping - something different?

Need to go veggie shopping tonight or tomorrow, but im sure they get sick of having spring greens, celery, carrot, sprouts, broccoli and cucumber most nights.

What do your buns LOVE? they can have something new to try tonight.

Something where i dont have to worry too much about the amount/how often i feed it once their used to it.

I used to buy Romaine lettuce but Marley gets squishy poos. Ive occasionally bought raddish and at the moment they have some parsley growing.

I could buy an apple and a pear. I prefer to give them small amounts of lots of things rather than large amounts of one or 2. Will they like mint? I almost got some the other day.

He likes Spinnach too.

I once left the bag of rocket on the floor by accident... whole bag went in about 2 mins :oops:

ohh my buns love love love it .. I either get it from asda or tesco ..one does spring greens & one does curly kale :?, can't remember which once does what though :oops:

:lol:

I go to sainsburys as theres a new one just opened. We only have one supernarket here, i dont drive so i have to walk down with the dogs. Its pretty cheap though :D

:lol:

I go to sainsburys as theres a new one just opened. We only have one supernarket here, i dont drive so i have to walk down with the dogs. Its pretty cheap though :D

ahhh :D, we have toooo many here :shock: & have 2 huge asda & a huge tesco a 10 min bus journey away in diff directions, then a morrisons, 2 farmfoods, a tesco express & a local supermarket thingy within walking distance :shock:

ahhh :D, we have toooo many here :shock: & have 2 huge asda & a huge tesco a 10 min bus journey away in diff directions, then a morrisons, 2 farmfoods, a tesco express & a local supermarket thingy within walking distance :shock:

:lol: i can get to morrisons and tesco on the train, it only takes 10 minutes, but i dont see the point just for bunny food.

Mum goes to asda in the car as its in the middle of an industrial estate! i like sainsburys though, its a lot cheaper than i thought it would be and if you go on a sunday you can get a cucumber for 9p :lol: and other stuff, but thats always sooo cheap!

Thanks Gray, ill have a looksie :wave:

ETA: Goosegrass - is that that "sticky weed" we used to stick on eachothers backs at school? :lol:

Last edited:
Curly kale is Spenser's favourite, but as Graham says it is very high in calcium. All Spenser's favourites are high in calcium. :roll::roll:

Most of the stuff my buns have has already been mentioned but they do get strawberries and rasberries as special treats occasionally. Oooo, and grapes. :)

Pickle's most favourite food is Parsnip. He'll throw all the other veg out of the way to get to the Parsnip first :lol: He also loves Dill. Timmy will eat anything but Pixie is more fussy, so I notice when he really likes things!

Pickle's most favourite food is Parsnip. He'll throw all the other veg out of the way to get to the Parsnip first :lol: He also loves Dill. Timmy will eat anything but Pixie is more fussy, so I notice when he really likes things!

Prsnips, now thats something we havent tried. ill add that to the list along with chives, i think someone said. i usually make a list on a post it, but then i get the same old stuff if they dont have whats on the post it.

Id feel silly if i printed the list off the rwaf :oops: i get enough funny looks as it is; an 18 year old with a basket full of veg cant be an every day occurance!! :lol:

I get kale from Asda and Sainsbury's. don't shop in Tesco so don't know if they have it there. I spend about £100 a month on veg for my bunnies and they get a small portion of 5 different veg twice a day... I do have 10 buns though. I have to say, I can't afford to vary it too much so if they are bored, they don't show it as they eat everything they're given. Sprouts are popular, as are (limited) bits of apple, carrots, parsnip, various cabbages, and herbs. Especially coriander, basil and parsley. :)

Back