• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spaying

unalakey

Mama Doe
Hi:wave: My Frenchie bun Nell is being spayed on Friday, she lives in a shed in the garden, am i best to keep her in the house Friday night or can she go back in her shed (with bankets, snuggle safe etc), I cant remember what i did when bridge bun Lil was spayed as it was ages ago. Any advice?:D

She'll need to be indoors for 24hrs or so post GA as she wont be able to regulate her temp properly.

To be honest I keep mine inside until the stitches come out, I feel it is easier to keep and eye on them and their wounds.
I would certainly keep her in a couple of days until she has recovered from the anaesthetic and the wound has started to knit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be honest I keep mine inside until the stitches come out

None of my bunnies have ever had stitches they were all glued.

But I agree I normally keep mine in longer to make monitoring easier, but obviously this is not practical for everyone if they don't have anywhere to keep it indoors.

Some of my bunnies have got stressed indoors though and been better put back outside asap in a familiar enviroment.

None of my bunnies have ever had stitches they were all glued.

But I agree I normally keep mine in longer to make monitoring easier, but obviously this is not practical for everyone if they don't have anywhere to keep it indoors.

Some of my bunnies have got stressed indoors though and been better put back outside asap in a familiar enviroment.

Sorry, you are right they are glued, but I keep them in until, if they had stitches they would come out- about 12 - 14 days.

Brain's not working well today.:oops:

Not sure what my vets use, only had one female spayed before and that was a few years ago, my Jess was spayed when i got her. I think im gonna keep her in the spare bedroom, i really would love Nell has a house rabbit as i think she would be fab * wonders if hubby would notice *:lol:

Back