• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit first aid kit

stranger23

Mama Doe
Ok seeing as i have 5 bunnies i want to make up a little first aid kit incase anything goes wrong and i have to wait before i can get them to the vets, so what do you keep around incase anything goes wrong??

If you use the search function and search for stuff like this there will be loads of threads that come up :)

Hi there, there isn't any bunny first aid kits available! We're hoping when we open our online shop we can sell little bunny first aid kits.

Here's a list of ideal items to keep in a first aid kit:

- various syringes (for medicine and make sure theres one big enough for syringe feeding)

- Sudocrem (works well on minor cuts and grazes as well as sores)

- Worming stuff (panacur 10% oral solution for dogs and puppies or lapizole which is designed specifically for rabbits)

- nail clippers

- brushes for grooming

- recovery food (its powdered food you mix with water and syringe to ill rabbits) or recovery paste (fibrevore)

- Insecticide spray and powder

- I have protexin about 11p a sachet from the vets and if you bunnys poo gets a lil off tap a tiny bit of this in your bunnys pellets and you'll notice the different. (it promotes the good bacteria in gut)

Edit - Mite treatment would also be good idea

And I can't think of anything else.

And you can buy most of these on here:
http://www.vetuk.co.uk/

Last edited:
Infacol has been recommended in the initial stages of gut stasis (1 ml and a tummy rub does wonders apparently).

Pineapple juice (to get things 'moving') (can be frozen into ice cube trays and popped out when needed) and a jar of baby food (to help when not eating).

Also if you clip their nails yourself, cornflour is handy for nips of the quick or theres aome other powder stuff you can get (i forget the name :oops: ).

Thank you all i will get these bits together i already have syringes as when my little boy was ill we had to syringe liquids into him ive got 5ml and 10ml ones some still in packets :)

Better to be safe than sorry just had to book my sons guinea pig in at the vets as his eye is cloudy hope he doesnt have an infection :(

Back