• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescues... What could you do??

BunnyBekkie

Warren Veteran
I had a pair of foster bunnies that I put a lot of work into, and they went to live with a work colleague. Everything was going well until the post home check. The "friend" (as she was then) hadn't got a run sorted, left the bag off muesli food out next to the hutch and it was going mouldy, and some of the seeds in it were sprouting, there was no hay anywhere, Fuzzle had lost loads of weight, there was no water in the tiny water bottle.

We decided to take the rabbits back to the rescue. Now, Fuzzle & Chloe have gone to their new forever home, and its genuine this time.

Anyway, said work colleague suddenly dissapeared off my facebook friends. I thought nothing of it, until Martyn told me that she'd put on her status "My new baby rabbit is poorly already :(" She blocked me so I didn't see that she'd got a new rabbit!!! Stupid girl didn't think to block Martyn too though, so we know about this rabbit. She bought the hutch off the rescue, so it's a 6ft hutch, so im not worrying about the size of the hutch, I just know that's where the rabbit is gonna stay :(

Its horrible when things like that and you know there is nothing you can do to help the animal, ive just got 2 rabbits off someone who said their daughter has gone to uni and cant care for them anymore, they are in tiny hutches that are falling apart there nails are so long and i dread to think what their teeth are like as they have never been given anything but food to chew on, im taking them tomorrow to get checked over and nails cut and getting them some new cages as soon as possible looking to set them up in c&C type cages in my garage so they have loads of space to play and things. i had to rescue a chameleon to as he was kept in a box with no uv light and only standing water to drink from which is not good for them so i built him a 4 foot high viv with loads of branches and plants and he gets watered twice a day if i could i would rescue more but ive just ran out of room now.

unfortunatly bekkie theres not a lot you can do .

only the rspca has powers to go and inspect etc on private property and even they have strict rulles to follow .

unless you think the bun is being seriously neglected ..ie . no food , water , dirty hutch etc then theres nothing you can do .

:(

Not really got any advice but i bet you feel so powerless, frustrated and let down by her too. :evil: Lets hope she grows some sense xxx

Nothing you can do sadly
Even the RSPCA don't have as much power as the public think, they rely on the fact they wear uniforms that look like the police and call themselves inspectors..I think even they have to have a warrant and a police officer with them unless they are invited in..same as anyone else, they just have the manpower to take it further legally:?

Back