• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Teddy's worming and now is quiet... U/D - on the mend.

martyn_t

Mama Doe
Hi guys,
Thanks those who have replied to Louise's thread about Panacuring Rosie and Ted.

When we got up this morning Ted was quiet and off his food.

Don't know if this is a co-incidence but he has never been quiet before and certainly never left food.

Don't know whether the Panacur might be upsetting his gut, whether it is the extra handling (though he isn't too bad with this) or anything else.

Lou offered him some cooled oats this morning which we have given him in the past but he isn't interested in that either.

If he hasn't perked up by this evening I think a visit to the vet is on the cards. Poor little guys - they are really in the wars at the moment. :(

Last edited:
Hi Blackberry,

Cannot be 100% sure if he has eaten something this morning.

He sits on a chair and I put two small bits of spring green onto his chair (Rosie never, or very rarely) jumps up there.

When I came back to him after about 10 minutes both little leaves were gone so I think he will have eaten them. There is a chance that he could have taken exception to them and thrown them off the chair like bunnies do!

Didn't drink anything when I was there this morning. I am at work now and am just hoping he has picked up this afternoon when I get home.

Hi Blackberry,

Cannot be 100% sure if he has eaten something this morning.

He sits on a chair and I put two small bits of spring green onto his chair (Rosie never, or very rarely) jumps up there.

When I came back to him after about 10 minutes both little leaves were gone so I think he will have eaten them. There is a chance that he could have taken exception to them and thrown them off the chair like bunnies do!

Didn't drink anything when I was there this morning. I am at work now and am just hoping he has picked up this afternoon when I get home.

Has he a favourite treat you can try him with when you get home?

Hopefully he is just sulking in your presence because of the handling, but if you think he's still not eating when you get home then it would be best for him to see a vet.

Hope he is all better again this evening x

Poor Ted, how worrying. Hope he is nomming and has picked up by the time you get home. Sometimes it's just the slightest thing that leaves them feeling unsettled and out-of-sorts so I guess the extra handling/worming process could be a cause.

Hello all

Came home from work at dinner time to check on Teddy and he was just the same, sat up on his chair and hadn't eaten anything so booked an appointment with the vet. Got home from work at 4.30, Martyn had sneaked off a bit early so was already home. Teddy had had two nibbles of carrot, then he decided to jump down, have a big drink and run round (typical). Anyway we took him to the vet who said his gut sounds were quite slow. He gave him some metaclopramide to get his guts going, and this evening he's been a bit livelier and has had a few SS pellets (not his normal amount though) and has done a few poos :D. Will be keeping a close eye on him but he's definitely improved.

Feels like I tempted fate as I had only said on someone's thread yesterday that our buns were only young and that we should have them for years yet :(. Hopefully he'll be back to normal soon.

Did he tell you to stop the Panacur?

No. I specifically asked if there was an alternative (we're having to do it as we're going on holiday and for the first time they are going to a sitter rather than being looked after in our home) and he said there was a liquid but that it still required daily administration, which is no different to what we're on. I totally trust our vet, he's great and he loves the bunnies.

Just to update - Ted seems to be very much on the mend now :D. Not completely back to normal yet eating / pooping wise but as lively as ever and definitely moving in the right direction. We're more than half way there with the Panacur now, so fingers crossed the last few days will be ok.

Yay! That's good news :D

Glad the end is in sight with the Panacur. Hopefully any future handling will be easier for him to deal with now, too.

Thanks for everyone's support.

It has been really worrying but I am convinced he will be nomming away in no time. Think he just liked to give us a scare because he isn't keen on being picked up.

All the best.

Teddy is now back to top form I am pleased to report :love:. He's been racing round like a loony tonight bless him :D. I'm sure Rosie is happy her little friend isn't poorly anymore as well :D

Back