• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pepy ate jeans?!

chul

Staff member
We let pepy freerange at night in out bedroom only to hear him chewing. Put the light on to see him say on my oh's jeans where he has actually eaten a palm sized amount. Will he be ok? Had no sleep last night due to him being a terror :(

He is chewing everything and if we put him in his dog crate he rattles the bars and keeps us awake. Help!

Last edited:
Blimey! Has he definitely eat the jeans? :shock: To be honest, if it was my rabbit I would want him checked out by a vet, but I have heard of rabbits eating all sorts of things and being fine. My rabbit nephew ate some of the plastic from the end of vertical blinds last year and was OK. Hope someone more knowledgeable comes along soon. :wave:

Just a suggestion about the chewing. Have you got him some edible toys? Most rabbits will always prefer to find something that they shouldn't chew, but something like the chill and chew mat (available from Animal Magic or The Hay Experts) might be worth a try.

There is no sign of any material anywhere :( OH is going to check on him at lunch but he is eating fine :roll:

Just a suggestion about the chewing. Have you got him some edible toys? Most rabbits will always prefer to find something that they shouldn't chew, but something like the chill and chew mat (available from Animal Magic or The Hay Experts) might be worth a try.

He has a chill and chew mat and a stuffed log roll, both were available to him but he chose jeans.

Unsure about the poos. Thats why my OH is going to check. I hope he is ok.

Do you think his behavious change could be hormonal?

Yes, it's almost certainly hormonal. Should settle down when he is neutered. I have to confess, my rabbit isn't neutered yet, but I have never seen any obvious hormonal behaviour from him. What age is Pepy? I got Spenser, though, at 7 months, so he may have already gone through that stage.

Yes, it's almost certainly hormonal. Should settle down when he is neutered. I have to confess, my rabbit isn't neutered yet, but I have never seen any obvious hormonal behaviour from him. What age is Pepy? I got Spenser, though, at 7 months, so he may have already gone through that stage.

He is about 17 weeks, and its only started in the last week or so.

That's exactly the age my rabbit nephew was when his antics started. Are you planning to have Pepy neutered when he is ready? In the meantime, perhaps you should limit his freerange time to when you can supervise him.

Yes, asked the vet last week but she said he only had one plum :oops: so to wait a month and go back.

I think it quite often happens that the rampant hormones appear before the plums drop. :roll: Good luck - keep jeans out of Pepy's reach if they are what he favours, and I do hope your OH finds him well at lunchtime. :wave:

Oh didn't see him at lunch so I was worried when I got home.... but he is fine!! :)

He will probably always find something ... :roll::lol: My rabbit nephew nibbled a leather beanbag. Funny things was he had been find with it for weeks, them one day he must have been a bit bored...

He will probably always find something ... :roll::lol: My rabbit nephew nibbled a leather beanbag. Funny things was he had been find with it for weeks, them one day he must have been a bit bored...

I already knew he liked my bag.. hes already had the corner off the front flap, and the strap XD

Back