• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just cos she's so cute....

BinkyBun

Wise Old Thumper
Annie

P1010063_edited-1.jpg

P1010072.jpg

Well I couldn't wait till tomorrow, so did their mani and pedi's tonight. As I was doing Frasier's nails he pulled away sharply as I was cutting and I cut the quick by mistake.:cry::shock: He didn't make a sound but it bled a bit. Its now stopped bleeding and he is fine - relaxing with a few treats. My poor baby. I've never done that before its scarey :shock:

Well I couldn't wait till tomorrow, so did their mani and pedi's tonight. As I was doing Frasier's nails he pulled away sharply as I was cutting and I cut the quick by mistake.:cry::shock: He didn't make a sound but it bled a bit. Its now stopped bleeding and he is fine - relaxing with a few treats. My poor baby. I've never done that before its scarey :shock:

Awww, Ive never done that, but its easily done.

Rimmi once ripped a nail out, it greatly distressed me :( He jumped up onto the bfs lap but mis-judge and stuck his paw into the USB drive on the laptop (that was on the bfs lap at the time). It was horrible, I think I was more upset than Rimmi, it was a bit sore for him to walk on but he recovered after a day, poor mite :( Now its grown back a bit different.... rather thick.....LOL.

I do my buns nails little and often, about once a week, so they get used to it and now (about a year on!) they dont struggle at all, its great practice for jabs at the vets too (as they are held in the same position....the right way up, but being held still). I also groom them with wee bunny brushes, even though they dont need it, to get used to staying still.

I always end activities like that with - FOOD. Usually dinner, lol :)

Its great though, as Win used to get so stressed (shes highly strung) but she is coming on in leaps and bounds all the time :)

Awww, Ive never done that, but its easily done.

Rimmi once ripped a nail out, it greatly distressed me :( He jumped up onto the bfs lap but mis-judge and stuck his paw into the USB drive on the laptop (that was on the bfs lap at the time). It was horrible, I think I was more upset than Rimmi, it was a bit sore for him to walk on but he recovered after a day, poor mite :( Now its grown back a bit different.... rather thick.....LOL.

I do my buns nails little and often, about once a week, so they get used to it and now (about a year on!) they dont struggle at all, its great practice for jabs at the vets too (as they are held in the same position....the right way up, but being held still). I also groom them with wee bunny brushes, even though they dont need it, to get used to staying still.

I always end activities like that with - FOOD. Usually dinner, lol :)

Its great though, as Win used to get so stressed (shes highly strung) but she is coming on in leaps and bounds all the time :)

Sorry that happened to your Rimmi. I'm relieved I'm not the only one - its horrible and feel liike such a bad bunnymommy when it happened. Frasey is fine hopping around now thank heavens. I've been doing their nails once a month but I think I might start doing it more like you have. I do avoid doing things they hate but I've got to bite the bullet so to speak.

Sorry that happened to your Rimmi. I'm relieved I'm not the only one - its horrible and feel liike such a bad bunnymommy when it happened. Frasey is fine hopping around now thank heavens. I've been doing their nails once a month but I think I might start doing it more like you have. I do avoid doing things they hate but I've got to bite the bullet so to speak.

One thing that worked well for me, was to have food on the table (like greens, pellets or treats) to keep them occupied with my bf standing next to them incase he needed to grab them if they tried to jump while I touched and lifted their feet. You dont have to even use nail clippers to begin with, just get them used to having their feets touched as some buns are very sensitive about that :)

Back