• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just thinking about litter trays and hay, opinions please!!

Becca24

Mama Doe
:wave:

Havent posted anytthing for a while, but would like some opinions please.

Pip and Fizz both have litter trays inside and outside, but the ones outside with the weather just get damp really quickly even though the runs have rain covers on. So was wondering whether it would be mean to only give them hay indoors so it can be changed more regularly and will keep dryer and clean etc????

Also, with the temperature dropping and fizz still being in hutch run combo (as havent manged to bond with Pip) his water bowl was frozen this morning and was wondering if there was a way to stop this???

Thanks

x

Put a snugglesafe under the weater bowl. :wave:

I'm unsure about hay though, I've not found that problem with mine, to be honest. So could you maybe change them regularly? or just stuff a load inside their hutch?

ETA- whilst vaguely talking about snugglesafes, I'm up your way on Friday, could I maybe come and get it then? Or if you're not in, could you leave it somewhere outside so I can get it?

Put a snugglesafe under the weater bowl. :wave:

I'm unsure about hay though, I've not found that problem with mine, to be honest. So could you maybe change them regularly? or just stuff a load inside their hutch?

ETA- whilst vaguely talking about snugglesafes, I'm up your way on Friday, could I maybe come and get it then? Or if you're not in, could you leave it somewhere outside so I can get it?

Good idea about the snugglesafe and yes of course thats no problem for friday! Hope your not gonna land a massive rental charge on me :lol::lol::lol:

They have loads of hay in the hutch and shed but the ones outside just get sat in and then damp from the rain and I end up thorwing lots of hay away cos its damp (just seems a waste) whereas the stuff inside at least stays nice and dry - It was just a thought though, Fizz is not litter trained for poos at all, bless him! :) so the whole run gets covered! :roll:

:lol: That would be a good way to get some money. I'm a bit broke! :lol:

Do you cover the runs? Then the rain won't get onto it, which might solve that problem.

:lol: That would be a good way to get some money. I'm a bit broke! :lol:

Do you cover the runs? Then the rain won't get onto it, which might solve that problem.

They are covered with corrugated plastic but it doesnt protect it completely especially fizz's as it seem to run down the side of the house! Perhaps I am being to picky about it! :oops:

Back