• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Myxo Jab questions

rachylou

Warren Veteran
Jims went for his jab today and I just have a couple of questions:

1. Normaly they inject a small amount of the vaccine just under the skin of the 'scruff' (injection point) and then continue all the way in with the rest, however this time she injected a small amount in to the ridge of his ear then the rest in to the 'scruff' :? Is this a new way of doing it?

2. The vet had pre-prepared the jab so it was ready to go when we got in to the room, however becuase I had a few questions about Jims and Cookie which I asked before the jab was given, it ment it was sitting out for at least 10- 15 mins before administered. Is this ok? :shock:

1, Those are the two ways of doing it, and different vets prefer varying ones, so that's ok.

2, As long as it touched nothing, I would presume it to be fine, although someone would have to clarify that.

1, Those are the two ways of doing it, and different vets prefer varying ones, so that's ok.

2, As long as it touched nothing, I would presume it to be fine, although someone would have to clarify that.

As far as I could see it was sat ont he counter top the whole time with the lid on.

Thankyou for your responses.
I just apoke to the nurse who said that there is no problem with it being left out. I beleive her words were... 'No, absolutly no problem at all'
So hopefully all will be good.
I said to her 'It would not alter the effectivnes would it?' and she said 'No, no worries there'

Back