• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Floppy carrots!

georgie_f

Mama Doe
I forgot I'd bought the buns some organic carrots with the tops on a few days ago. The carrots have gone a bit floppy. Not mouldy or anything...

Does anyone know if it's ok to feed rabbits floppy carrots?! :lol: (I know it sounds like a daft question but I was wondering if the sugar content would increase or if it'd end up like those drunk squirrells when they eat gone off fruit?! :oops::lol::lol:)

:wave:

I have no idea but I've fed them (and eaten them) plenty of times with no ill effects :wave:

Drunk rabbits - that would be a sight! :lol:

I have no idea but I've fed them (and eaten them) plenty of times with no ill effects :wave:

Drunk rabbits - that would be a sight! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I did taste a bit myself and it didn't taste any different, just chewy! :shock::lol: I suppose it's because they're organic... they haven't lasted nearly as long as my usual Tesco Value carrots! :roll:

Waste of money unless they were reduced - I doubt the buns care as long as it's carrot :lol: When mine go like that I feed them to the buns or make carrot mash, I don't think I'd fancy them raw! :lol:

Off to work :(

they are floppy because they have not been pumped full of preservatives and added water - yay for floppy tasty carrots!

boo hiss to water filled plumped up carrots.

Next time, try taking the tops (green parts) off. That way the carrot isn't trying to use its stored water to support the leaves.. makes them last a bit longer :)

Bunnies are happily munching them anyway. :) I was quite sure they were going to turn their noses up at them, they must be less snobby than I realised! :lol:

Next time, try taking the tops (green parts) off. That way the carrot isn't trying to use its stored water to support the leaves.. makes them last a bit longer :)

Oooh, that's a good tip! Thanks Tamsin. :wave:

Back