• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bailey is in for a dental today! - UPDATE - metacam question.

Mazda

Warren Veteran
My poor boy!! Tis only just over a month since his last one. The vet said they aren't bad, but aren't good...but they are slowing his eating and he has lost weight again.

Pebble has gone with him this time. As she went iffy when I split em last time. Am a bit worried, the vet said they were really worried about him last time. :(

If all goes well mum is picking him up at 5ish.

Vibes for my boy xxxxxx

Last edited:
Lots of vibes from me - I work Tuesday nights, but I'll check later to see if there is an update. :wave:

Just rang the vets, they said he can come home tonight! :D they took out one of his front teeth and he is comeing home with metacam and an injection meds for every other day...I guess antibiotics?

Xx

you are lucky!

My boy Bryn went in to have his teeth out today too. Only he is apparently a rather in-bred orange rex as his teeth do not grow straight like the image on the link below - which no one knew. They got one bottom incisor out, the other snapped just below the gum line and one top incisor out which i have with me and is really long and cork-screwy in shape. After pulling that they didn't want to assault my bunny further so he now has one and a half teeth. I feel awful!! But it was this or the taking him once a month to have them clipped. If i'd known that they were that bad I'd have remained with the monthly trips! Poor Bryn looks really sorry for himself :(

Going to the shops now to buy some carrots for grating :(

http://www.mybunny.org/info/dental_care.htm

Just given bailey his metacam, he took it easy! One thing is, its in a see through bottle :oops: did I read it was light sensitive? I've put it in the meds bag wrapped up so its not in the light :oops:

His injections start thursday and mums goonna do it for me xx

I think all medicines should be kept in dark, dry places :wave:

I also read an article recently that apparently vitamin tablets don't work if kept in the kitchen or bathroom because of the humidity, so it's probably not worth risking keeping your metacam there either!

My boy is eating this morning :) he had his metacam like a good boy. He is soooo skinny. Poor boy xxx

Back