• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have a special little friend

rabswood

Wise Old Thumper
I am so in love :love:

This little one has been stalking me for about 10 weeks.

Robin1.jpg

He must live in my garden because everytime I go out to the rabbits he appears and over the weeks has got braver and braver. He now perches less than an arms length away from me and follows me around the garden.

Robin2.jpg

Robin5.jpg

He quite often makes me jump because when I turn around he's there and fluttering in front of me, it does feel a bit like I'm being stalked :lol:

There is always food out for him in several places so it's not like he is asking for food. He has just sort of latched on to me. He is soooo adorable.

Robin7.jpg

Robin9.jpg

Robin6-1.jpg

I feel like Snow White :love: Actually I feel very privileged that this little one has chosen to trust me and spend time with me.

Robins are great little birds and if you put some seed in the palm of your hand and keep it still he will eventually eat out of your hand. If you notice in the Summer if you dig the garden there will be a Robin near ready to get the worms. We had one that was very tame at the old house and I was so sad to leave him when we moved but we have one here as well so it's quite nice. They love suet pellets.

Robin005.jpg

Robin012.jpg

Tucker bunnies I will get some suet thingies. I have already spent £7 this week on special wild bird food stuffs for him including those dried meal worm things that I rehydrate in hot water for him.

I am sure he would eat out of my hand eventually as he is already so brave.

Trouble is I'm worried about him now as there are lots of cats around where I live. I get way too attached :roll:

Michelle he is beautiful great pics. Make sure you tell your cat to stick to pouncing on frogs and not robins :)

He's gorgeous!!!

My nan used to have birds follow her around the garden - she used to cook for them 3 times a day in the winter - brekkie was always grilled bacon rind. :lol:

Robins are great little birds and if you put some seed in the palm of your hand and keep it still he will eventually eat out of your hand. If you notice in the Summer if you dig the garden there will be a Robin near ready to get the worms. We had one that was very tame at the old house and I was so sad to leave him when we moved but we have one here as well so it's quite nice. They love suet pellets.

Robin005.jpg

Robin012.jpg

:love::love::love:

I used to have a friendly robin at my old house. He'd take raisins out of my hand and he roosted in the hedge behind my rabbit hutches. If I sat still enough he'd hop onto my hand and have a little sing.

*Sigh* I miss him. :(

Awwwwwww boootiful birdies!

You're very lucky, all we have around us is magpies .... and they're just so loud!!

lucky you i love robins :love::love:
remember that it always lucky to see your first robin of the year but to have him stalking you you must be very lucky ;)

Back