• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I am starting...

abi2047

Mama Doe
to shop around for stuff to go in Riley's shed. I wont be getting it until christmas. What should I buy to go inside the hutch? I already know about lino and a hutch/shelter for a bed. What else? :oops:

Morestuff018.jpg

Heres everything in my shed -

chair to sit on
soft cosy bed
plastic dog bed
litter tray
blanket
tunnel
wooden arch thing
small hay basket
cardboard box
door mat and food mat
food bowl + water bowl
water bottle

And also a shelf for storage of all their stuff!

I take it you've already got stufff like water/food bowls etc.

Lino, fleecy blankets, paint, mesh for windows, bolts/handles for the door, cat flap if he'll have an attatched run

I'll try and think of some more :)

For the winter I would keep the plastic in, but the summer take all of them out a mesh the holes :wave:

How much would it cost to put the mesh in?
ETA - Is it big enough for Riley? I may also be getting him a bunny friend but that would probably be in the Summer, would it be big enough for them both? x

It costs hardly anything we just used some off cuts we had :wave:

With an attached run it will be great for two bunnies :D

PS - Riley is going to be one happy bunny :love::love:

I hope so ;)
He has free range of the garden during the day but I don't think he will get an aviary or a run attached on to it until my birthday in June. :?
Will he be ok with free run of the garden during the day and confined to the playhouse at night? :wave:

oooo, abi!! :D Im excited for you, because im also excited about doing some bunny shopping for when their pen comes!

Id love doing up a shed for my 2, but ive been struggling with them being outside, otherwise id have done this rather than having them indoors.

Mesh is pretty cheap, even if you buy a roll of it. I saw a whole roll in a garden centre for £5 :)

If it was my shed id start out with the basics, lino, mesh, litter tray, food bowl toys they already have, somewhere warm to sleep/hide. After that id slowly add to it:

I would put a shelf in for them to hop on, this also adds to overall space ;) Id maybe give them a ramp, but this depends on how high the shelf is. Id have their carrier in there, and marleys plant pot. Id add some small shelves as high up as possible to use as storage for bowls/toys etc. I think id like a little welcome mat :) and one for their bowls. Id go totally crazy and buy name plaques or a "home sweet home" sign for the door :lol: Maybe some of those plastic hanging baskets.

You can tell ive been dreaming about this cant you? ;) :oops: :lol:

Youll have to post pictures when you get started!!!!

ETA: Could you maybe drill holes in the windows as they are only plastic? Then mesh them on the inside? That way they will have ventilation, but it will give extra protection from predators if the windows are left in.

Last edited:
I was thinking of getting this one but would I have to take all the windows out and swap it for mesh, or could I take 1 0r 2 windows out? http://www.gardenbuildingsdirect.co.uk/Wooden-Playhouses/Mad-Dash-Strawberry-Playhouse[/CODE]

:wave: Hi Abi,

If you are keeping your buns outside you'll either have to look for another play house or put a whole new roof on this one as it's only a fabric roof!
The reason I know is because I looked at it for my buns...sorry sweetie xxx

Some nice ones on this site tho xxx scroll down to the ''Mad dash Bunny playhouse'' :D

http://www.outdoortoysdirect.co.uk/Wooden-Playhouses

oooo, abi!! :D Im excited for you, because im also excited about doing some bunny shopping for when their pen comes!

Id love doing up a shed for my 2, but ive been struggling with them being outside, otherwise id have done this rather than having them indoors.

Mesh is pretty cheap, even if you buy a roll of it. I saw a whole roll in a garden centre for £5 :)

If it was my shed id start out with the basics, lino, mesh, litter tray, food bowl toys they already have, somewhere warm to sleep/hide. After that id slowly add to it:

I would put a shelf in for them to hop on, this also adds to overall space ;) Id maybe give them a ramp, but this depends on how high the shelf is. Id have their carrier in there, and marleys plant pot. Id add some small shelves as high up as possible to use as storage for bowls/toys etc. I think id like a little welcome mat :) and one for their bowls. Id go totally crazy and buy name plaques or a "home sweet home" sign for the door :lol: Maybe some of those plastic hanging baskets.

You can tell ive been dreaming about this cant you? ;) :oops: :lol:

Youll have to post pictures when you get started!!!!

ETA: Could you maybe drill holes in the windows as they are only plastic? Then mesh them on the inside? That way they will have ventilation, but it will give extra protection from predators if the windows are left in.

It's really exciting isn't it? :D
I have been dreaming about getting a playhouse since I got Riley and saw other playhouses on this forum. Just wish I got him a playhouse in the beginning instead of a hutch :roll:
I really want the plaque, hanging baskets, door mat, the lot!!!
Do you think the holes in the window and mesh are a good idea?
:shock: £5 for a roll?! Do you have a link?? :D x

:wave: Hi Abi,

If you are keeping your buns outside you'll either have to look for another play house or put a whole new roof on this one as it's only a fabric roof!
The reason I know is because I looked at it for my buns...sorry sweetie xxx

Some nice ones on this site tho xxx scroll down to the ''Mad dash Bunny playhouse'' :D

http://www.outdoortoysdirect.co.uk/Wooden-Playhouses

Aww it's lovely! It's a bit over my limit so I will carry on shopping around. Thankyou :D x

It's really exciting isn't it? :D
I have been dreaming about getting a playhouse since I got Riley and saw other playhouses on this forum. Just wish I got him a playhouse in the beginning instead of a hutch :roll:
I really want the plaque, hanging baskets, door mat, the lot!!!
Do you think the holes in the window and mesh are a good idea?
:shock: £5 for a roll?! Do you have a link?? :D x

Yeah, i cant wait untill it arrives, i just hope it looks as good as it does in my head! :lol:

I think holes in the window for ventilation are a good idea, i suppose you might not need the mesh then, but it depends how big the gaps are, if they are small enough, they could stop flies? Just a thought, but they may also make it pretty hot in summer with them left in. It was just a thought anyway. I dont have a link unfortunately, i saw it at a garden centre on the Yorkshire moors. It was pretty expensive in there, so if you look in B&Q/Strikes/Wickes/Focus im sure youll get some pretty cheap. They might even have rolls that they can cut to size for you.

Good Luck though! I might still get them a little plaque that i can hang on their pen! :lol: I also like the idea of making things for them myself, but id need some ideas.

Back