• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Uh-oh...

abi2047

Mama Doe
My older sister went to town today and I asked her to get me some hay as I am running low. She text me when I was in school and said she has been in every shop that sells animal items and no where has any left. What am I going to do about Riley? :oops: :(

Have you got a pets @ home nearby? they sell hay? or wilkos? xx

Tryed wilkos and I will pop down p@h tomorrow as it is getting dark now and mum won't let me go down now. He has enough hay in his hutch at the moment but I wanted to top it up as his cover had ice on this morning :oops:
Will have a look in p@h tomorrow :thumb:

:love::love: love your new signature. Can you get him some straw just to last until tomorrow? It is more insulating than hay to use for bedding

It's not very good but Morrisons sell their own make which I have used in case of emergency before, and in Sainsburys they sell that My Little Friend one, i'm sure Tesco and Asda will sell it too (I'd check first though just in case they don't)

:wave: I don't mind dropping you round a binbag full of bale hay tonight if you want?

My sister has just got back from Tesco and managed to grab a few bags.:oops: :D Thankyou for the offer though. The hay isn't the best but it will do until tomorrow ;) x

Just wish there was space in the house so I could store a bale because at the moment I pay between £2-3 for a small bag :roll: :oops: x

That's really tough. I do feel for you. Its so much easier with bales, but we all have to do the best we can, which you are definitely doing.

That's really tough. I do feel for you. Its so much easier with bales, but we all have to do the best we can, which you are definitely doing.

There seems to be a shortage of hay for some reason. :?
Where do you store your hay? x

couldyou store the hay outside i store mine in a small bike shed thing, was something like 30 pound from bnq i think :) i fill it up with the bedding hay massive bale and woodshavings, and store the nice hay for food inside :)

There seems to be a shortage of hay for some reason. :?
Where do you store your hay? x

There is going to be a lot of shortage of hay come January, all over the UK, but I would imagine right now everyone is stocking up because of the cold weather.

My hay is stored in our garage.

There is going to be a lot of shortage of hay come January, all over the UK, but I would imagine right now everyone is stocking up because of the cold weather.

My hay is stored in our garage.

I could empty the concrete outhouse/shed out and then store a bale in there. Will have a chat with mum ;) x

Back