• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wooden floors!

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
Not been on here in ages so hope everyone and everybun is well :)

Just a quick question, do buns cope well with wooden floors? and can a bun thats always been on carpet ajust to being on wooden floor with a big rug?

thanks for any help :D

xx

When I first got Pepy he struggled with the wooden floor, but after a few days he got used to it. Now he runs about like mad on it, binkieing and sliding!

My rabbit nephew was initially very suspicious, but he found his paws on it eventually and never looked back. He might seem very uncertain at first (poor MrMcFlurry would slide along like a duster) but I've seen the evidence that with a bit of time they can adapt. Also, you mentioned a rug - that should help. He might stick to the rug at first.

Poppy HATES wooden floors or any slippery surface and will refuse to step on it unless mats/rugs are put down for her.

Nino is very adaptable and learns to cope with new surfaces very quickly.

Every bun is different. :)

Carlo hates wooden floors, and if he has to go onto them he stays very near the wall, Bobby on the other hand has no problems whatsoever :wave:

ETA I have had carlo since April and he still hasn't adapted

Louie is fine with them but it's all he's ever known!

Simba just couldn't cope with them. When we brought him in, after his neuter, he just sat in one spot the whole time :(

I prefer wooden floors, a bit of white vinigar and a hoover and it's all lovely and clean. Though bunnies tend to not like it, so offering a large thick rug, and cushions/pet beds to lie in is a good idea :)
I'm purposely getting laminated flooring in my dinning -cough-bunny-cough- room during the move :lol:

Thanks everyone much appreciated, its just because things might *fingers crossed* change very soon for me and fudge but i will do an update post on me and the fluffster :)

Thanks again xxx

Mine are fine on wooden floors, I trim their nails often and have small rugs around the room (especially where they jump on/off the sofa)

Lucky HATES wooden/slippy floors and will not walk on them at all. He will slide onto his belly and stay there. He's just over a year and has always been the same. Daisy hasnt got a problem though.

Frasier loves wooden floor. He likes using the vetbeds but sometimes he chucks them out of his way to flop on the wooden floor

Back