• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

meet doris our new addition :O)

jazzywoo

Mama Doe
well we have had a unexpected addition didnt plan it honest :roll: to our family meet Doris ( she came with the name ) who arrived last night :love: she is settling in great
doris006.jpg

doris005.jpg

doris004.jpg

doris003.jpg
#
doris002.jpg

doris001.jpg

OMG!!!! So Cute!! Is she a hedgehog?? Are you meant to keep hedgehogs? how do you look after them?
I've never seen a white hedgehog before how lovely :D

OMG so cute! Where did you get her from? Love the name!!

she came from a friend of mine he couldnt keep her anymore due to change of cercumstances he asked me as he knew im hedgie mad this is my 4th lol
and he didnt want her to go to anyone else he could have sold her to anyone but he asked me to take her well new heggie couldnt say no to that could i ? :lol:
she is such a sweetie my not a huge fan of the albinos due to the fact they usually dont like me :? but she is so friendly and confident she chased the kitten off yesterday so funny :lol:
i just know she is going to fit in well here ;)

Doris is so cute and the name is fab you must keep it :love:

I know it sounds silly but what do they do? How do they interact with you and how do you pet them (if they like being petted) :?

Just really curious about them and the new craze to own them as pets

OMG!!!! So Cute!! Is she a hedgehog?? Are you meant to keep hedgehogs? how do you look after them?
I've never seen a white hedgehog before how lovely :D

shes african pygmy hedgehog i have 4 of them spike the vampire, daisy duke isobelle and now doris oh and edward is arriving after xmas :love:
they are indoor pets very expensive at £150 each although when i first wanted one they were £400 :shock:
but they are amazing pets so friendly if you get one from a good breeder and scocialble easy to keep etc
but ill warn you they are so addictive hehe i will soon have 5 my friend has 9 !! i dont think i know anyone who just has one ;)

Doris is so cute and the name is fab you must keep it :love:

I know it sounds silly but what do they do? How do they interact with you and how do you pet them (if they like being petted) :?

Just really curious about them and the new craze to own them as pets

oh she will be keeping her name its her registered name on her birth certificate ;)
they dont do alot really you handle them play with them great fun to watch yes they love been fussed and handled they dont hurt you or spike you unless they are supprised or in a bad mood but we all get days like that
they are born with spines but they are covered with a cusion of fluid which drys up after a couple of hours they are really soft spines untill they reach 2 weeks and then ouch !!!!
its not a new craze they first started out five or six years ago thats when you payed silly money for them £400 + spike was my first he was a gift from my friend her first bred baby and she then bought me daisy i bought izzy this year and well doris she was a freebie too so ive only ever bought 1 lol
every time i threaten to buy one i seem to get one as a gift ;)
i have great friends ;)
they are wonderful i love them as i said they are addictive but not the pet for everyone ;)

shes african pygmy hedgehog i have 4 of them spike the vampire, daisy duke isobelle and now doris oh and edward is arriving after xmas :love:
they are indoor pets very expensive at £150 each although when i first wanted one they were £400 :shock:
but they are amazing pets so friendly if you get one from a good breeder and scocialble easy to keep etc
but ill warn you they are so addictive hehe i will soon have 5 my friend has 9 !! i dont think i know anyone who just has one ;)

eeeeeeeeek!!!!! I want one!!! I want one!!! I have just asked my boyfriend, he thinks they are cute but has told me I'm not having one :cry: !!
(he did say that about Bernard the rabbit but when I took him in to see him at the pet store he soon changed his mind) tee hee!

eeeeeeeeek!!!!! I want one!!! I want one!!! I have just asked my boyfriend, he thinks they are cute but has told me I'm not having one :cry: !!
(he did say that about Bernard the rabbit but when I took him in to see him at the pet store he soon changed his mind) tee hee!
ill let you know when we have our next litter hehe
my oh has given up i said ive been offered a hedgie he said oh where i said about 1hr away he said oh tell them we will collect it tommorrow then shall we :lol::lol:
if you send me you email ill send you a copy of the care sheet so you can research if you want :D

She's absolutely gorgeous. Do yours live together? I've always had the biggest soft spot for hedgehogs.

ill let you know when we have our next litter hehe
my oh has given up i said ive been offered a hedgie he said oh where i said about 1hr away he said oh tell them we will collect it tommorrow then shall we :lol::lol:
if you send me you email ill send you a copy of the care sheet so you can research if you want :D

Yay! I'll send you my email on a pm :) thanks :wave:

Awwww - look at her little face. She looks so coy looking over her shoulder like that.

I must stop looking at these hedgehog threads as I start getting all broody. I'd love a rescue one, but I know it would drive my shar-pei insane as she's a little huntress.

I think my OH is warming to the idea of having one of these little cuties, he is now saying "if they don't cost a fortune and we have the space you can have one" .... YAY!!

I think my OH is warming to the idea of having one of these little cuties, he is now saying "if they don't cost a fortune and we have the space you can have one" .... YAY!!

privately save and dont tell him they cost £150 ;) best he dont know that bit lol
i have a fab fact sheet i can email to you
ann x

She's absolutely gorgeous. Do yours live together? I've always had the biggest soft spot for hedgehogs.

they are on a whole solentary animals but spike loves to spend time with the girls he doesnt always breed with them he getting a old man now he just loves snuggles with them lol
girls have been known to live together too im hoping spike and edward may live together ok and thinking of trying the girls together eventually whenn all settled

Last edited:
Back