• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone know if......

Had a look and could not find the concentration of the active ingredient of Triscrub listed anywhere.
The active ingredient in Hibiscrub is Chlorhexidine gluconate 4.0%w/v.

In Triscrub it is listed as Chlorhexidine. Are Chlorhexidine and Chlorhexidine gluconate absolutely the same? And is it at the same concentration as in Hibiscrub/Hibisol?

It's a few years since I used Chlorhexidine gluconate regularly as a disinfectant in clinics. (Human -NHS). Perhaps someone more knowledgable knows a definitive answer??

Tonight's challendge for RU maybe? :lol:

Oh thanks guys,

Jane, it says it's been renamed but then Orange found out the same as me
that the listed contents are slightly different,

I use loads of it with the poorly bunnies and buy it by the 5 litre container full but Hibiscrub has suddenly rocketed in price by £10 to nearly £40 but Triscrub is only £28 + VAT, I am getting quite low and need to get some like now and obviously want to save money where I can as it's a big expenditure

If anyone find out anything else then please let me know

Have telephoned the manufacturers of Triscrub and spoke to their chemist and apparently it is not exactley the same as Hibiscrub, they had added essential oils to Triscrub and it is not exactely the same concentration but the difference makes it easier on the skin

Have telephoned the manufacturers of Triscrub and spoke to their chemist and apparently it is not exactley the same as Hibiscrub, they had added essential oils to Triscrub and it is not exactely the same concentration but the difference makes it easier on the skin

That's interesting. Thanks for posting. Earlier today I found a search link that seemed to say Triscrub was 2.0%v/w, but when I clicked on the link I could not find the information, so I didn't post about it, just in case it was wrong.

That's interesting. Thanks for posting. Earlier today I found a search link that seemed to say Triscrub was 2.0%v/w, but when I clicked on the link I could not find the information, so I didn't post about it, just in case it was wrong.

Yes, it's interesting, I am going to change to Triscrub because I like the idea of it being softer for the skin with the essential oils, I just need to find the cheapest place now

Most horse feed/tack shops sell it but not sure if it's cheaper to buy online. :wave:

Trouble is I need the 5litre container full and horse place only seem to do the 500ml bottle which just isn't enough, I think I will have to look online

Back