• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Might be getting a conti..

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
My cousin had a pair of buns - an orange conti female & a harlequin unknown-but-big boy. She got the conti for her 3 year old from a breeder 2 years ago (yes I know)

Conti (Fudge) is a stunner but was quite nippy - I actually had her spayed when she stopped with me while cousin was on hol last year.

She then got harlequin boy (Bailey) from a Rescue & I bonded them. And cousin upgraded their accommodation from a 3 foot dog crate (uhuh) to a small shed & run. Fudge's personality improved massively & Bailey was friendly anyway.

Unfortunately Bailey died last week & Fudge has gone from a feisty girl to a hissing growling monster, lunging at anyone when they go near. Cousin doens't want her anymore - she's pregnant again (cousin not rabbit), so she's coming here...

I had a conti recently for a few months - Jamie, so she can live where he lived, but typically, I have not one current foster I can bond with her. I have two tiny, tiny males - one a baby & one whose plums haven't surfaced yet, one aggressive female & one tiny tiny ill femaile:roll:

Sodding rabbits!

Awwwhh! Poor bun, she sounds really unhappy. :(

Re the bonding thing, Thistle gets on great with his two much smaller friends :) (My trio consists of 7kg+ Thistle, dwarf lop Brian and little Jess, who weighs 2kg). Give it a go! It could work out fine. :wave:

Awwwhh! Poor bun, she sounds really unhappy. :(

Re the bonding thing, Thistle gets on great with his two much smaller friends :) (My trio consists of 7kg+ Thistle, dwarf lop Brian and little Jess, who weighs 2kg). Give it a go! It could work out fine. :wave:

It is totally unhappiness - my Suki got like that after she lost her partner to myxi. She couldn't be bonded for ages as the myxi took ages to clear up, but she's a different bun now:love: Don't wanna wait that long with Fudge

I had Alistair (NZ) & Suki together - she's tiny & he was large, & they were fine, but he was really chilled. I'm just a bit worried with Fudge being so feisty :? Plus the size difference is bigger - she was about 9kg at spay & she's filled out now. And these bunnies - bar the aggressive female - are tiny. As in smaller than her back feet:shock:

It is totally unhappiness - my Suki got like that after she lost her partner to myxi. She couldn't be bonded for ages as the myxi took ages to clear up, but she's a different bun now:love: Don't wanna wait that long with Fudge

I had Alistair (NZ) & Suki together - she's tiny & he was large, & they were fine, but he was really chilled. I'm just a bit worried with Fudge being so feisty :? Plus the size difference is bigger - she was about 9kg at spay & she's filled out now. And these bunnies - bar the aggressive female - are tiny. As in smaller than her back feet:shock:

Ooo, that is quite a size difference! :lol:

You say that Fudge was much happier with Bailey though so she may just be feisty towards people rather than towards other rabbits?! Personally, I think I'd be tempted to try and bond (perhaps if it worked out you could put some hidey holes in their area that only the small bunnies can get into, just in case!) as you never know until you try. I'm sure there's someone on RU with a french lop and a little weeny neddie but I can't for the life of me think who it was now. :oops::roll:

Failing that, you'll just have to get another big bunny to keep her company... ;):lol:

Glad you're taking the poor conti :D
how about Davey..he's a Californian a big but lovely boy:love:

Daveya.jpg

Back