• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

**Rescues in North East NRSA Pixie etc...**

Mrs Ord

Mama Doe
I have a firend who runs his own pet shop and he has now moved premises and stopped selling rabbits and guinea pigs (partially due to my constant badgeringand and his lack of knowledge) My rabbits all came as rehomes from him as he used to take in unwanted ones and rehome them for a small fee. I recently went to see his new shop. He is going back to where he started which is dealing in exotics and aquatics so he only sells fish an repltiles now which he is very knowledgeable about.

Anyway I asked if I could set up a rehoming secition/wall where basically there are photos and profiles of small furries needing homes. He said that it was fine with him and as long as I do all the setting up and keep updating the wall. Do you want to advertise your rabbits/guineas on this wall? His shop is based in Blaydon, Tyne and Wear (there is another shop which sells rabbits and piggies but this is not his shop)

I was thinking along the lines of an A4 sheet with a photo and a bit of information on the piggy or rabbit and then your number and email address if any one was interested in homing one of your animals. I would also be willing to help with home checks and transport over this way if needed. I also think that he would alow small fundraisers I would be willing to help with these if you wanted as well.

I was also hoping for a little bit of information on the advantages of taking a rescue animal ie, that they are vet checked, neutered (if applicable) you know the character of the animal etc.....

Are you interested? Let me know.

Just to add you would only need to email me the info and photos I could set up the actual "advert" and print it off for you. Alternatively I could pull from your website and do the whole thing myself but obvioulsy only with your permission. :wave:

Well the only ones in the area are NRSA, North East Guinea Pig Rescue and Pixies Rabbit Sancturay. NRSA are good judging by their websites and I know Nicola fosters for them so i'm pretty sure they're good. I've adopted a guinea from Layla and know she is spot on and i've visited Pixie as well. Its not really for me to judge its just about getting homes. That said if any turned out to be breeders and I knew for a fact then I wouldn't want to help :?

Hello sweetie, thank you I'll PM you later on today, I'm very tired at the moment as I've just moved half my stuff this morning and only just sat down -yawn-

This is a fab idea though, could also ask those on here who re home nationally and are not in the area as well? :)

I would but the fact his shop is very close to another which sells baby bunnies will make it hard enough to rehome in this area. We are also very close to another two small pet shops and a pets at home. I think if the time limit is even longer due to distance then people will just buy :cry:

I'd love it if I could but I don't think it would work in an area with so may rabbits and piggies which are so accessable and have no restrictions on who can buy them or how they keep them.

I foster for NRSA and I can vouch they are definately not breeders in fact it would be a physical impossibility for the bunnies :lol:

One thing I would do if there's going to be a display is include some RWA posters and maybe some info that might make people think twice about an impulse buy, hopefully discouraging them from just popping along to the next pet shop.

One thing I would do if there's going to be a display is include some RWA posters and maybe some info that might make people think twice about an impulse buy, hopefully discouraging them from just popping along to the next pet shop.

The make mine chocolate campaign had a good poster about the real cost of bunnies.

this is a great idea :love: :love: try not to feel downhearted about the competition from the other pet shops selling babies, there must be loads of peeps out there who would prefer to give a rescue a home but just haven't figured out how to go about it.. rescues are sadly so low key you have to look for them, so its just easier to buy a baby for most :wave:

I'm just waiting for the rescues to ok me pinching pics and info off their websites. Thought people would jump at the chance to get there bunnies "out there" but i'm affraid the tumbleweed is blowing past my recue board at the min :lol:

I know everyone is busy though so i'll just wait. The board isn't going anywhere ;)

Woop the tumble weed has been kicked out and one rescue is so far on board. North East Guinea Pig Rescue has given me permission to adertise their piggies. They have lots at the min due to a huge RSPCA rescue/seizure :cry:

Woop the tumble weed has been kicked out and one rescue is so far on board. North East Guinea Pig Rescue has given me permission to adertise their piggies. They have lots at the min due to a huge RSPCA rescue/seizure :cry:

good luck with helping them find homes xxx

Back