• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's so cold!

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
I've just been out to give Spenser his good night treat and shut up his cover, and it's freezing. His cover is awkward for me to open and shut, but I'll have to put it down earlier even if it means lifting it up to say goodnight. Spenser didn't seem at all bothered by the cold. He has a lovely winter coat. His water bowl was frozen - I had to use boiling water to melt the ice before I could refill it.

Cold weather setting in. I have heard that a brick put in the oven can hold heat for many hours, perhaps if his water bowl was butted up next to a warm brick it would help stop it freezing in the cold weather?
Or you could get some of that foil insulation (used for lofts/floors) and wrap some around his bowl like a collar? We've put a large collar around our outdoor fish tub. :):wave:

Be careful about cracking the bowl if it's very frozen, I tend to try and double up on bowls and bottles during winter so I can just put the fresh one (saves me time, effort and stress).

But yes, it's cold, my car said minus 5 when I got in it this morning, I was lucky that neither of the bunnies bottles had frozen! Neither bunny seemed bothered by the cold...

Hannah :)

It rained here last night, then froze on top of that :evil:

The padlock on the aviary was frozen, the covers had frozen stiff, but the bunnies were all snug inside :)

I'm so glad I have indoor buns. I'm not sure I could cope with the worry about them being outside (even though I know they would be fine....it's just an extra worry! :oops:)

Mine are in the shed so hopefully not feeling it too bad. I have just bagged a load of shredded paper from work to take home for the buns :)

Was up at 6 to replace another frozen water bowl. Spenser doesn't seem at all bothered by the cold, but I did sleep well with the worry. To be honest he seems to prefer cold weather and is currently cavorting in his run while I worry about the possibility of him eating bits of frozen grass from between the slabs. :oops:

Back