• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

:(

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
Don't you just hate it when you feel like you have failed someone, human and/or bunny, yet have no idea what you could have done to change the situation or make it any better. :(

I can usually think of things I could/should have done, so don't know the exact feeling you are describing. Doesn't sound good though. :(

Edit - seen your other thread. I'm sorry it didn't work out after all your hard work. :(

Last edited:
Losing 3 bunnies suddenly this year has made me question everything I've done for them. I don't know if had I taken Alvin to the vets earlier they'd have picked anything up and same with Sophie :( Hindsight is a wonderful thing, we can only do our best.

Hugs xx

But then all you can do is your best, and know that you did all you could. Hope you and your buns are all ok. :)

Tracy, you have done your best at all times, despite the odds.

You've not failed anybun or anyone. It's just not right - you just needed them to make up their minds.

There will undoubtedly be a reason - something else will work out for these buns.

You gave it your all!

Hope you are okay and not too deflated after a whole week of massive effort, and selflessness.

Get a good night's sleep. Tomorrow is another day and you will have more rabbits to help in the future that will go to show that today was just a blip.

Don't you just hate it when you feel like you have failed someone, human and/or bunny, yet have no idea what you could have done to change the situation or make it any better. :(

I'm so sorry you feel like this.

You obviously only act with their best interests at heart. xxxx

Sorry it didn't work:( Your thread shows how much thought, effort and hard work you put into it. You must feel shattered:cry:

But this is what you posted on my thread when Tulip and Tiestos bond failed.

You are not making things worse. I think that you have to remember that bunnies are bunnies with their own personalities and they don't always co-operate with us, other bunnies, or even with themselves :)roll:).

You're doing all you can to do the best for them. Sometimes we try things and it doesn't work, or it takes longer than we would like, but that's ok.It's all about learning, which is what you are doing :)

Excellent advice from you as normal:)

I am in the same situation too, I failed a bunny and havent even posted about it on here out of utter shame.

I'm very sorry other people can relate to this.

Hancy, using my own words against me was a low blow! How very mean. But fair. :lol:

I am in the same situation too, I failed a bunny and havent even posted about it on here out of utter shame.

Do you want to talk about it?

I think you have to remember that we all have situations in our past and present that we wish we could have changed in some way (even if there was nothing else we could do). I know I do, I have some killers in my past, unfortunately. But all you can do is learn from it and move forward with that knowledge. I hope you're ok.

I'm very sorry other people can relate to this.

Hancy, using my own words against me was a low blow! How very mean. But fair. :lol:

Do you want to talk about it?

I think you have to remember that we all have situations in our past and present that we wish we could have changed in some way (even if there was nothing else we could do). I know I do, I have some killers in my past, unfortunately. But all you can do is learn from it and move forward with that knowledge. I hope you're ok.

I took a bunny from a not so brill rescue last weekend, and had to take her back this weekend. Gutted isn't strong enough for how I feel, as well as useless. She wasn't getting on well at mine, and after trying to book Pepy in for his neuter and being told he wasnt ready yet, she would have been kept in a too small cage for months. But I took her back to a place I didn't like. :( I pray to god someone helps her out.

I took a bunny from a not so brill rescue last weekend, and had to take her back this weekend. Gutted isn't strong enough for how I feel, as well as useless. She wasn't getting on well at mine, and after trying to book Pepy in for his neuter and being told he wasnt ready yet, she would have been kept in a too small cage for months. But I took her back to a place I didn't like. :( I pray to god someone helps her out.

That's not as catastrophic as I was imagining. Ok, so you acted a bit prematurely and got a friend prematurely, but you did what you thought was best and took her back. You're not the only one this weekend to take back rabbits to a rescue; sometimes its the only sensible option.

If she is meant to be with you then when Pepy is neutered and recovered, she will still be there. The world works in funny ways you know.

you cant decide what rabbits want.......you have really tried your best. :wave:
you haven't failed anyone or anybun. if they dont want to live together you cannot change that
you also have a great knowlage of rabbits and illnesses.......and you give so many people great advice and subsequently help so many rabbits! :)

That's not as catastrophic as I was imagining. Ok, so you acted a bit prematurely and got a friend prematurely, but you did what you thought was best and took her back. You're not the only one this weekend to take back rabbits to a rescue; sometimes its the only sensible option.

If she is meant to be with you then when Pepy is neutered and recovered, she will still be there. The world works in funny ways you know.

I just wish I could have helped her. Neither option was a good one. But I felt evil keeping her in the cage that I thought would be big enough when we got her, but it wasn't. She did come out and binky a bit, but she was shut up far too much while Pepy is treated like a king.

She was kept indoors while here with the heating off, but took back to be kept in a cold shed :(

ETA: I just read about your bonding; you haven't failed at all. At least the bunnies are in pairs still :)

I had the feeling of utter failure as soon as the vet finished injecting Bebe when she was put to sleep. I think it was more to do with me feeling completely alone and for the first time it was me who signed the permission to euthanise form. I know I did the right thing as she was very unlikely to get better but I still thought 'what if' for a couple of days afterwards.

Life has sort of moved on here though. Her partner has been bonded with my last single girl Megan and they're getting on well. There will hopefully be some new life in the next couple of weeks when my tortoise eggs start hatching. So something to look forward to.

Helen xx

Back