• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wheatabix for very underweight bunnies?

Does it have added sugar? Generally cereals are too high in starch for buns to tolerate well as in excess carbohydrate particles end up in the caecum and can cause dysbiosis, however a small amount as long as no added sugar is ok for a poorly/underweight bun, as would be some porridge oats either soaked or dried.
Both cereals swell up a lot with fluid so make sure bun has plenty of fluids also. I would go carefully and watch for dysbiosis and maybe invest in a higher protein hay (oat/wheat hay), readigrass, or richer pellet as an alternative or supplement.

have you tried her on junior pellets? this is what jasmine is currently having. A small amount should be fine as PL says :wave: tbh my vet's advice has been to feed Jasmine anything she'll eat even if it is 'bad', because her weight is so low.

have you tried her on junior pellets? this is what jasmine is currently having. A small amount should be fine as PL says :wave: tbh my vet's advice has been to feed Jasmine anything she'll eat even if it is 'bad', because her weight is so low.

Shes already on J+D pellets as she's a nethie :wave: she's back to the vets this week so will see what else he can recomend :?

Shes already on J+D pellets as she's a nethie :wave: she's back to the vets this week so will see what else he can recomend :?

makes sense, always forget they are for dwarves as well :oops:

I really feel for you hun :( it's awful. Sending lots of vibes for Mae

makes sense, always forget they are for dwarves as well :oops:

I really feel for you hun :( it's awful. Sending lots of vibes for Mae

hehe :p it really is awfull, how is Jasmine? thankyou for the vibes, i just dont get how she can constantly eat and not put weight on :?

hehe :p it really is awfull, how is Jasmine? thankyou for the vibes, i just dont get how she can constantly eat and not put weight on :?

Same here. I've updated on the thread so I won't hijack yours too much :lol: but basically we're clutching at straws now, she is too frail for any tests. She is eating but starting to look a bit miserable.

Im sorry :( will go check her thread!Mae has put on 100g ish so is back to her pre stasis weight, but she doesnt look nor feel any heavier :?
ETA: that said dads been storing a very heavy container on top of my scales so they could be wrong :roll:

Im sorry :( will go check her thread!Mae has put on 100g ish so is back to her pre stasis weight, but she doesnt look nor feel any heavier :?
ETA: that said dads been storing a very heavy container on top of my scales so they could be wrong :roll:

Thanks hun. My scales are wrong now. I use bathroom scales though so guess they aren't used to such tiny weights! 100g is a lot for a bunny :wave: hope it continues and you start to see and feel a difference

Back