• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you do your buns nails??

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
I try and do mine 'little and often' and always follow nail clipping with something good...... dinner!! :) This has worked really well for me, Winni used to get stressed with me touching her feet, but now, about a year on! She is mainly fine with it, Rimmi too :love::love:

I wouldn't trust myself to do Riley's nails :oops:
He barely lets me pick him up, let alone touch his feet. He has a hissy fit if I touch his feet :lol:

Pink with sparkles for Snow and Strawbs likes to have have alternate blue and yellow for his favourite football club.

Pink with sparkles for Snow and Strawbs likes to have have alternate blue and yellow for his favourite football club.

That's what I was thinking :lol:

I hold mine on my lap and lift their feet up one by one. They don't seem to need them doing that often though. I think maybe because their run is on paving slabs?

:lol: Riley has never nipped me. And I certaintly wouldn't want him to nip me on the bum :oops: x

I didnt WANT her to nip my bum!! I think she does it to move things... she will dig the item she wants to be moved, and then pick it up with her teeth... perhaps she thought she was strong enough to pick me up!! :lol::lol:

There is a difference between nips and bites.... a nip is not too bad, Ive been bitten by her and Rimmi once... with Win, it was before I realised she had bad eyes, so my fault, and with Rimmi, it was after I had been to Alices and smelt of unneutered buns and huge dogs, I think he was reacting to the smell out of fear.

Had 5 of our bunnies nails clipped when they went for their myxi jabs last week but at £9 per bunny we have decided to do it ourselves in the future :shock:

At least the vet was kind enough to show us how to do the clipping so just need to get the nail clippers now :D

Had 5 of our bunnies nails clipped when they went for their myxi jabs last week but at £9 per bunny we have decided to do it ourselves in the future :shock:

At least the vet was kind enough to show us how to do the clipping so just need to get the nail clippers now :D

Wilkos sell some good ones.... not like nail scissors, usually in the cat/dog area, work great on buns though, and I feel confident using them, like this:

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...sazeDA&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=8&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0

Because I hate these ones:
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...d=1t:429,r:0,s:16&tx=84&ty=98&biw=800&bih=412

Back